Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Heavenly Hindsight!

You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble; you shall surround me about with songs of deliverance. (Psalms 32:7) 

Providence. We toss the word around. But have you ever analyzed it? It comes from the Latin, providentia. Pro means "before" or "ahead of time"; videntia is from videre, meaning "to see.". . . . Put them together and you have "seeing ahead of time," which is what Almighty God does. He sees the events of life ahead of time---something that we of course never do. 

We're great at history. Our hindsight is almost always 20/20. But we're lousy at prophesy, that is, the specifics of the future. Stop and think. We've no clue as to what will happen one minute from now, no idea what's going to happen next. But our invisible God, in His providentia, is continually, constantly, and confidently at work. . . . 

He never changes. He knows what He is about, and He pursues it with relentless determination. 

Esther: A Woman of Strength and Dignity 

I often reflect back at my life. Not because I want to be reminded of the good, the bad, and the ugly aspects of my life, but because I want to learn from those experiences while at the same time recognize God's sovereignty and providence over my life. In hindsight, God has often pulled me out of situations and relationships that were going to be detrimental to my overall well-being. Whenever I experienced a sense of uneasiness, I would often pull myself out of a situation or relationship. Little did I know that when I made that decision, it was usually done under the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit. After I have gotten out of that situation or relationship, God has often been able to position me in such a way that I would be able to have a better vantage point to better exam the situation or relationship I was mired in. 

With that said, HEAVENLY HINDSIGHT is always the best vantage point any Christian man or woman will ever have. It is only through God's providence that we will ever be able to delivered from any situation. God is all-seeing and all-knowing. No one will ever have a better vantage point into any given situation than God Himself. That is why whenever we are confronted with a decision to make regardless of the situation and/or relationship you find yourself in, always go to God in prayer and listen intently to what He has to share with us. He is the ultimate surveillance and intelligence officer. Always keep your eyes out for His guidance!

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you as you seek out His insight in order to have a "heavenly hindsight". JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-).