Thursday, January 23, 2014

God's Instruction Book!

And we know that the Son of God is come, and has given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.  (1 John 5:20) 

God offers instruction, but then it's our move. We must accept His instruction and apply it to our lives. Then, and only then, can we expect to cash in on the benefits of His instruction. So you see, application is the essential link between instruction and change. . . . 

God has sent us His instruction. He has preserved every word of it in a book, the Bible. It's all there, just as He communicated it to us. When He returns for His own, He isn't going to ask how much we memorized or how often we met for study. No, He will want to know, "What did you do about my instructions?" 

Living Above the Level of Mediocrity 


Here's an acronym for you! 

B.I.B.L.E. 

The above acronym stands for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. The first time I found out what the above acronym meant, I could not help but a that typical small grin on my face. The grin on my face was not in any way defiant, but actually inviting. I used to be the type of person that would approach reading the bible as if it were some type of a fictional book. 

Even though I no longer approach God's Word in the way I would approach any other book or publication, it has taken me many years to be able to learn (and still am learning) how to read His Word in such a manner that I will be able to retain as many verses in my memory as possible as well as be able to live out those verses in my life. I remember a time when my grand-mom taught me how to not only memorize Psalms 4, but also incorporate the verses in that chapter into my life in the form of a prayer. Now I'm in the process of learning how to memorize The Lord's Prayer. 

When we are able to not only memorize, but also pray some portions of Scripture, the Bible comes alive in our lives as we begin the process of applying God's Word in both the reading of His Word, but also pray His Word. The Lord's Prayer is a good place to start in regards to acknowledging God's will in your life. Psalms 4 is a great chapter to read at the end of your day. The Bible is the greatest book ever written! It is loaded with subject matter that enables us to learn how to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord and that will benefit everyone that God places in our lives.

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you as you make every effort possible to dig into God's Word and gradually grow in godly wisdom as you get to know (not just know about) God more intimately! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)