Saturday, January 25, 2014

Give God Your Worries!

Who is among you that fears the LORD, that obeys the voice of his servant, that walks in darkness, and has no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and rely upon his God. (Isaiah 50:10) 

Let's get six words clearly fixed in our minds. These six words form the foundation of God's therapeutic process for all worrywarts. 

WORRY ABOUT NOTHING,
PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING 

What qualifies as a worry? Anything that drains your tank of joy---something you cannot change, something you are not responsible for, something you are unable to control, something (or someone) that frightens and torments you, agitates you, keeps you awake when you should be asleep. All of that now needs to be switched from your worry list to your prayer list. Give each worry---one by one---to God. . . . Tell Him you will no longer keep your anxiety to yourself. . . . 

The more you practice giving your mental burdens to the Lord, the more exciting it gets to see how God will handle the things that are impossible for you to do anything about. 

Laughing Again

One of my favorite animated movies of all-time is Lion King. There was a phrase used in that movie that caught on to mainstream living. It's called "Hakuna Matata". It means "No worries for the rest of our days". The above devotional is absolutely true in every sense of the word. When we are able to give all of our cares to the Lord, He will see us through to the very end. One of my mentors once told me that I can only control 15% of things that happen in my life while I have absolutely no control over the other 85%. Those words have forever stayed inside me as I have learned over the years to simply do the following:

Let Go...Let God 

Can I encourage you in the Lord to do the same regardless of whatever it is that concerns or worries you? None of us are immune to life's hardships. My dear friends, God has a wonderful plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11). God has already prepared your future. All you need to do is give all your cares to Him. Accept where you are today and start there as you totally surrender your life to Him with reckless abandon. Trust God with all your cares and He will see you through in His perfect timing. 

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you always as you make every effort to give God ALL your worries and concerns to Him. JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)