Monday, January 13, 2014

Dangerous Disillusionment!

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you. (Isa. 26:3) 

Disillusionment is a dangerous, slippery slope. First we become disillusioned about our fellow man. Then we move on to cynicism. Before long, we trust no one, not even God. We've been burned. We've been taken advantage of; we've been mistreated. . . . 

The cause of disillusionment and the cure for it can be expressed in almost the sample simple words. The cause of disillusionment is putting one's complete hope and trust in people. Putting people on a pedestal, focusing on them, finding our security in them. . . .And when the feet of clay crumble (as they surely will) total disillusionment sets in. 

What's the cure? Putting our complete hope and trust in the living Lord. When we do that, the simplest messages from God calm our spirits.

Joseph: A Man of Integrity and Forgiveness 

Disillusionment is definitely a very dangerous place to be in. I personally have had my fair share of disillusionment. I have come to accept the reality that the closer I grow in my relationship with God, the greater the reality that I will experience disappointment, betrayal, and rejection. I have always thought that being in the "safety net" of church fellowship was always going to be a place where I would never experience disappointment, much less betrayal and rejection. Evidently, I was being totally naive and in denial of those possibilities happening in my church. 

As time passed by, those exact things have eventually happened to me and as a result disillusionment eventually settled in. Little did I know that I placed too much stock on people and very little stock on God. The disappointments, betrayals, and rejections have taken a toll on so many different areas of my life. Spiritually, my relationship with God was shaken. Emotionally, there was a strong mix of anger,resentment, and bitterness. Mentally, the enemy began to place thoughts of doubt about God's role in all of this. Physically, my health went on a steady decline. My health took such a bad turn that I had to resign from the work that I was doing a security officer. 

The struggles of disillusionment have forced me to practically abandon everything and everyone that I knew and spend tons of time alone with God. As a result of that time spent alone with God, God continuously reinforced my thinking in such a manner that I had no other choice but to be totally dependent on Him. Am I totally out of the woods yet? No. But I have been able to find comfort in the fact that my relationship with God is more solid than ever. Mentally and emotionally, I have continuously fed myself with God's Word and have eventually come around to forgive those that have transgressed against me. God's grace is truly amazing!

My dear friends, if any of you are currently in the state of disillusionment, I implore you to get before God and ask Him to give you the grace, strength, humility, and resolve to seek His forgiveness as well as be able to forgive those that may have transgressed against you. When you are able to overcome your state of disillusionment by the grace and mercies of God, you, my dear friend, will become an invaluable vessel not only called by God, but chosen for the specific task of providing healing and encouragement to those in your life and so many others around you. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)