Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pull In The Anchor!

 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. (Matt. 6:12)

Have you ever done someone wrong? Have you been offensive? Have your actions caused hurt? To do nothing is not only in direct disobedience to Jesus' teaching, it also complicates your life. It adds heavier mental weights that you are capable of carrying. It's like dropping an anchor and then cranking up your boat's engine and putting it in gear. The anchor keeps catching and snagging on the bottom, making for a terribly uncomfortable ride across the water. How simple the solution! Just pull in the anchor. . . .
Let me give you a simple tip: We cannot be right with God until we are right with others.

Simple Faith

In the above picture, I couldn't help but take notice of what appears to be a cross dressed underneath a banner. The first thing that came across my mind, my heart, and my spirit is the fact that when Jesus died upon that old rugged cross, He did that for us because He had to be obedient in paying the debts of sin upon each and every one of our lives. As a result of His crucifixion, He didn't just bridge us to His Father, but He became the "Anchor" of our lives. 

Once Jesus has taken anchor in my heart, soul, and mind, my entire life's resolve has been to be able to see everything the way Jesus saw things during His ministry on earth. Adapting ourselves to the way Christ lived out His ministry can be very challenging and will definitely take a lifetime of learning what made Him tick as a human being. Obviously, we can't relate to His divinity, but as human beings, we have the ability to not only be able to relate to Him in regards to our humanity, but as Christians, we will have the ability to learn how to be led by the Holy Spirit. The Bible tells us that we will be able to do even "greater things" than He has done. 

To be extremely honest, I have often wondered what God is capable of doing in, through, and around my life.  Being the dreamer-kind-of-guy that I am, my grandiose imagination could not help but run wild with all sorts of thoughts. It was not until I have taken a spiritual gifts inventory questionnaire that it became evident of what my calling was shaping out to be. Some due diligence had to be done on my part, but in the process of due diligence, I had to remain anchored in Christ and allow the Holy Spirit to be the One to guide me and direct me as He sees fit. 

My dear friends, never forget what Christ has done for you and why He has done these things for you. Always remain mindful of the fact that if we are not anchored in Christ we will always be swayed be the enemy of our souls and the cares of this world. Always remember friends...Jesus has forgiven you! May God continue to bless you and keep you in all in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)