Sunday, December 8, 2013

God's Plan For Hope!

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jer. 29:11) 

God knows, right down to the final nub, exactly where you are in life. He sees. He cares. He is aware. And best of all, He is touched by it. 

The enemy of our souls wants you to think differently. God doesn't care. He's left you in this mess for so many months. How unfair! Those around you, those at work, your neighbors, live like the devil, and they're making it fine. And here you don't even have a job. You don't even have enough to cover the credit card bills. What kind of God is that? 

Or maybe some young mother-to-be, stretched to the limit already with other young children and crushed responsibilities, cries out in her heart, "My situation is more than I can bear!" And God replies, "My daughter, I know what I am doing. I know the pain of your heart right now. I know you feel overwhelmed, overloaded, pressed down. But believe Me, I am touched with your situation. And I have a plan! I am working out the details of your deliverance even now. Trust Me!"


                                                 Moses: A Man of Selfless Dedication    

This post and the above article is the epitomy of the struggles of humanity and in this case a Christian that continues to grow and mature in their loving relationship with God. On the one end, the black bold letters is a reflection of what the enemy of our souls will say to discourage us in our walk and hope that we fall from the faith. On the other hand, the closing paragraph is a direct reflection of the passion and love He has for us. 

In my personal life, I have seen the hands of both God and the enemy of my soul in a very active way. In a very minute way, I can relate to the young lady as she struggles with making ends meet and the enemy of her soul is whispering lies into her ear in an effort to sabotage her way of thinking, speaking, and doing things. After the enemy of our soul does what he knows best, God comes into the picture to intervene in this young lady's life to comfort her and assure her that He has a plan of deliverance because He was touched by her situation. 

It is truly amazing how all of us as Christians can relate to the struggles of the young mother-to-be in the illustration above. There is so much more to the battle between the enemy of our souls and God than simply looking at our earthly needs. Our earthly needs or the lack thereof is a direct reflection of our spiritual condition. A good example of this is when we struggle financially. Our financial struggles are usually (not always) a symptom of potential disconnect between ourselves and God. Obviously, I have only given you and example since other areas of our lives can also potentially reflect our disconnect from God Himself.

My dear friends, it's always helpful to remind ourselves of the sovereignty of God. Today's post will always serve as a reminder to me and all of you that God has definite and legitimate plan for our lives. The plan is elaborated in Jeremiah 29:11. No matter what it looks like right now in our lives, the words from Jeremiah 29:11 provides us with the assurance that the kind of plan that God has for us is a plan of hope. God, through the Holy Spirit will empower us with the strength and resolve to maintain that hope that God has a plan of deliverance for our lives. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you as you maintain the hope that God will deliver you from the situation you find yourself in! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)