Friday, December 20, 2013

Friendly People, Thoughtful People!

A man that has friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. (Prov. 18:24)
 


If I had learned anything during my journey on Planet Earth, it is that people need one another. The presence of other people is essential---caring people, helpful people, interesting people, friendly people, thoughtful people. These folks take the grind out of life. About the time we are tempted to think we can handle things all alone---boom! We run into some obstacle and need assistance. We discover all over again that we are not nearly as self-sufficient as we thought.


In spite of our high-tech world and efficient procedures, people remain the essential ingredient of life. When we forget that, a strange thing happens: We start treating people like inconveniences instead of assets.


Laugh Again


There have been numerous times that I have given thanks to God for the amazing people in my life. It is because of the many friend and thoughtful people that I have had the privilege and honor of connecting with that have in some way, shape, or form influenced me into becoming the godly man that I am today.

The irony of it all is that these are not the only kind of people that have greatly impacted my life. There are also the kind of people that are not so friendly and thoughtful. Those people have also taught me very invaluable lessons in life. Those people have taught me how not to act under no circumstances. Mind you, I will be the first to admit that under a moment of weakness I can potentially turn into an unfriendly and un-thoughtful person. I'm extremely confident in the Lord that all of us at one time or another have acted in some way that is contrary to what we have learned in Sunday School or what our godly parents have instilled into us as we grew up in our earlier years.

My dear friends, this particular post should serve all of us (including myself) as a reminder that with God by our side and as we continue to grow in our relationship with Him as He instills His wisdom into us through the various experiences. The timing of this post outta enables us to reflect not only in this past year, but in the years to come that there will always be some incredibly friendly and thoughtful people out there. Whenever we have the opportunity to meet one of these people, let us thank God for them and never take them for granted.

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you as you endeavor to be that friendly and thoughtful person in every single area of your life! Always remember friends...JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-).