Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Five Cheers For Mom!

She looks well to the ways of her household, and eats not the bread of idleness. 28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. (Prov. 31:27-28) 

What does motherhood require? Transparent tenderness, authentic spirituality, inner confidence, unselfish love, and self-control. Quite a list. isn't it? Almost more than we should expect. Perhaps that explains why Erma Bombeck used to say that motherhood takes 180 movable parts and 3 pairs of hands and 3 sets of eyes...and, I might add, the grace of God. If you happen to be a mother, here's one guy who applauds your every effort. Five cheers for all you do!... 

Remember the Skin Horse in The Velveteen Rabbit? All his stuffing was starting to come out, his hair had been "loved off," but how valuable he was!....Carefully kept mothers don't have secure kids. Carefully kept, untouchable "velveteen mothers" turn out fragile, selfish, untouchable children. But unselfish, giving, secure moms somehow manage to deposit healthy, wholesome kids into our lonely, frightening society. 

                                                                 Growing Wise in Family Life 

Okay. I get it. It's not exactly Mother's Day just yet. So why all the pomp and circumstance about motherhood when we have just finished celebrating Thanksgiving Day? Even though that is a very good and valid question, I can easily respond to that question with another question. Why not? In my honest opinion, why wait until Mother's Day to honor our mothers? God tells me in His Word to honor your father and your mother. In my case, it just so happens that my mom has played the role of both mom and dad to four kids. I happen to be the youngest of those four kids well on my way to turning 40 on December 18. 

My mom, as a single parent, has essentially had the honor and privilege to see all four of her children graduate out of high school. My mom has also made an immense impact in the lives of many other people in an almost surrogate mother kind of way. When it comes to my mom, I have so much to thank God for. With that said, in correlation with the recently passed holiday of Thanksgiving Day. I thank God for my mom! I'm also confident that many of my readers have wonderful moms as well. 

The whole point to this post is that we all have a responsibility before God to honor our moms because there are plenty of moms past and present that have influenced our lives and history altogether. Then there will be more moms that will continue to influence more lives and further alter the course of history as God will continue to use all the mothers throughout the world making an eternal impact in the lives of their own children and the lives of other children in their communities and to advance the Kingdom of God here on earth. 

Always remember friends....LOVE AND CHERISH YOUR MOMS!!!...:-)

Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in all of your relationships especially with your moms (and dads). JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)