Monday, December 16, 2013

A Loving Father!

Blessed are the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of your countenance. (89:15)
 
Contrary to popular opinion, God doesn't sit in heaven with His jaws clenched, His arms folded in disapproval, and  deep frown on His brow. He is not ticked off at His children for all the times we trip over our tiny feet and fall flat on our diapers. He is a loving Father, and we are precious in His sight, the delight of His heart. After all, He "has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light" (Col. 1:12). Think of it! He's put us in His inheritance!
 
Remember that the next time you think God is coming down on you. You have the reason to give thanks. You don't have to qualify yourself for His kingdom. His grace has rescued you.
 
Hope Again
 
There are some of us that have been blessed and privileged to have a wonderful father by our sides. There have also been others (myself included) that were not so fortunate. On a personal note, it has taken me many years after accepting Christ as my Lord and Savior to learn to acknowledge God as my "Heavenly Father". The only way I ended up learning that God is indeed my heavenly Father has been through many, many years of trial and error. The "concept" of God as my Father was so foreign to me that it was initially very difficult to embrace that possibility, much less celebrate it.
 
To make a long story, short. My awareness of God as a loving Father went from "concept" to reality after I have learned of that reality through the lives of the various men and women that have sown their prayers and word of encouragement into my life as I would go through the various storms that life has to offer. I have also learned in this whole process that God can and will use me in the same manner that He has chosen to use those that He has surrounded me with. I was in a missions trip to Colombia when I was given the opportunity to express God's love for the "least of these". I was able to minister and express the love of God through the lives of autistic patients and kids in special needs programs. I also get to express God's love every single day with my handicapped brother who just turned 41 last month. God is so loving and gracious with all of us friends! Isn't He?
 
Thank you so much for reading this far friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-).