Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bullhorn Christianity!

That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved. (Rom. 10:9) 

"Has anyone heard of this debate lately?"

"Brief Rundown: Rob Bell, producer of the NOOMA series of short teaching films, released a video simply called "Bullhorn" where he attacks open air preachers, those that expound on sin, righteousness and judgment; and basically says that such does not reflect the love of Christ. In essence, just speak of grace only, as any mention of hell will just get people turned off ."

"Now, in response, Way of the Master radio host Todd Friel made his own video in which he addresses Bell's statements and pretty much says that what Bell considers to be love is really nothing short of spiritual negligence." 

I was able to find this short excerpt through a christian forum that was written by someone that goes by the handle name of Prayer_Warrior83. I actually ran into the video Rob Bell made when it was brought to my attention so many months ago. As articulate as Rob Bell is. As gifted as Rob Bell is. There is a huge problem when someone like Rob Bell decides to come out into the limelight and attacks anyone who preaches from a "bullhorn" perspective is wrong...dead wrong.

By no means am I going to sit here and attack Mr. Bell and anyone that shares the same sentiments he shares. I have had the blessing and privilege of not only going to theology school, but actually graduate as well. It's extremely important to me that whenever I listen to anyone, whether it be online or offline, from the pulpit or from the street corner that the words spoken from that man or woman makes an eternal impact in the lives of those willing to listen (or in this case, read). 

This site is by its very nature an evangelistic site. There will be moments that this site will be bullhorn-ish in nature. As I write this particular post, I cannot help but be curious about the response (or the lack thereof) of anyone who reads this. It's always possible that anyone that reads can react in one of three ways: 1) Indifferent. 2) Very supportive. or 3) With a great deal of ire towards me. Jesus is a classic example of a "bullhorn evangelist". As Christians, we have a mandate before our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to spread the Good News of salvation to the four corners of the world.

Anyone that has the courage, wisdom, discernment, and passion to share not only the love of God with others, but also remind people of the realities of sin, righteousness in Christ, and the coming judgment of the saved and non-saved alike can expect to be rejected by those who are against "bullhorn Christians". I'm a "Bullhorn Christian". Are you? Jesus was rejected by His own people because He would often rebuke the religious establishment for their hypocrisy or became righteously indignant because there were people that was using the house of worship to sell their wares. Jesus epitomizes "Bullhorn Christianity". My hope and prayer is that I can be just like Jesus as I fulfill the calling He has on my life as an Evangelist with boldness and clarity. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)