Monday, October 21, 2013

Remember Who(se) You Are!

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: (Psalms 103:2) 

In my honest opinion, we often identify ourselves with the people we hang out with, the kind of work that we do, even our faith identifies us.
Having been brought up in a single-parent home that was steep in strong Christian and family values, I am able to identify myself and relate to the vast majority of the individuals that have grown up in similar circumstances. More specifically, I can identify and relate to many men out there that have had similar experiences that I had growing up.

My grandparents have often told me that I should never forget where I came from. Those words are absolutely true in my life because when I look back at where I used to be and where I am right now, there is no doubt in my mind that God has brought me so far. Even though I'm very far removed from the way I used to be, I'm often reminded of the humble beginnings for me and my family. It is those humble beginnings that constantly serves as a reminder to always remember who I am. 

In the ignorance of my adolescence/youth/young adult years, there was very little to practically no understanding of how God has been so involved in my life. Little did I know that it was going to be until many years later that I will one day not only acknowledge God as my Heavenly Father, but also be able to establish profound faith and trust in Him. In spite of actually knowing who I am, it has taken me many, many years to actually know "whose" I am. 

In hindsight, many of the circumstances (good and bad) have confirmed "whose" I am. I am His! Yes, that's right. I belong to my Heavenly Father. Who am I? I'm a child of God. From an earthly standpoint, I'm an Hispanic and son to the most amazing mom on the planet. Thank You Jesus! From a spiritual standpoint, I'm a child of God and a faithful follower of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

My dear friends, do you remember who(or whose) you are? 

This is a question that I have often asked myself and have asked so many people that I don't know and don't know alike. Being mindful of who we identify ourselves with can essentially determine our life not only here on earth, but in eternity as well. I strongly recommend to all of you to really take the time to get to know the people, places, and concepts that are introduced to you because there will come a day that your due diligence will one day confirm whether or not you will wind up being identified with those people, places, and concepts.

God bless you friends and thank you so much for reading this far! My hope and prayer is that you will know "Whose" you are in order to find out "Who" you are! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)