Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Offended!

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalms 139:23-24) 

Let me just cut to the chase here!

Jesus is without a doubt a STUMBLING BLOCK and a ROCK OF OFFENSE

HUH?! What are you talking about Micky?! 

Jesus is not the that type of person that causes people to stumble! How can you imply that about Jesus? He's deeply rooted in compassion and humility! He has won many souls for His Kingdom throughout the ages and His name continues to resonate in our hearts, minds, and spirits today!

Yes friends, it's about time that you wake up to the reality that the way Jesus operates is foolishness in our eyes. Oh yeah! Everything that I have learned about Jesus during my days in Sunday School are essentially thrown out the window (ok, not entirely). All this talk that Jesus is not capable of ruffling people's feathers is sadly mistaken. 

Our perception of Jesus in most part is correct, but we have failed miserably in really getting to know Him for Who He really is. Everyone knows that Jesus is 100% Man/100% God. Growing up, I had this perception that Jesus was not the type of person that would act indignant in any way. I also had this impression that acting in any way that was contrary to God's nature was wrong. 

Obviously, God has set the parameters (or guidelines) in His Word in how we are encouraged to behave. It's vitally important that we continuously walk this life within those parameters. It's extremely important that we are able to live out our lives as much as possible in the same way Jesus did. Jesus has taught us the dynamics of human interaction in His Word. 

In the same way that we are called to love our neighbor as we love ourselves and more importantly, love God, it's also extremely important to not only acknowledge, but also put into practice the not-so-lovey-dovey side of Jesus in our lives. It was only a few years ago when I came to the conclusion that the Christianity that is so often preached and practiced today is a far cry of what Jesus had ordained and established among His disciples over 2000 years ago. Today's Christianity is a lukewarm, watered-down version of the real thing. 

Today's christian is more tolerable and more often than not, more accommodating to sinful lifestyles and the people committing atrocious and abominable sins. Is all this tolerance in the name of love? God is not only a God of love, He is also a God of wrath. God's indignation (hatred) toward sin (and yes, people) is not perverted in any way, shape, or form. His indignation is a righteous indignation. Think about that for one second! I also strongly encourage you as well to throw away the concept that "God hates the sin, but loves the sinner". There is nothing in Scripture that supports that thought. That way of thinking in its very essence is humanistic, not biblical. To back up what I said earlier about God being capable of hating both sin and people, I strongly encourage you to read Malachi 1:1-3. Verse 3 really drives the message home of God's ability to actually hate people. Am I going to sit here and tell all of you what the source of God's hatred toward Esau was? No. Who am I to question God and anyone that uses a bullhorn to preach the gospel in the world we live in today? Discernment must be used! That is why we go to the Word (Bible) so that we will know the difference.

I will openly admit that this post is one of those posts that will be hard to stomach and may not sit very well with many of my readers and anyone that you share this with, but I will make no apologies of not only bringing quality content (which is good), but more importantly, it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that I also provide sound doctrine to my readers. Even if it costs me the loss of readership. This is as open and transparent as I have been with all of you up to this point. 

Are you offended? 

Thank you so much for reading this far my awesome friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you as you take the time to really get to know EVERYTHING about God and embrace His character in all of its facets. JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)

P.S.: BE BOLD FOR JESUS!!!...;-)