Saturday, October 19, 2013

God Listens!

 I love the LORD, because he has heard my voice and my supplications. (Psalms 116:1) 

With so many distractions in our lives, how do we take the time to talk to the Lord? This is a question that I often ask myself. Given how easy it is for us to be absorbed in the noisiness of our environment. The noise of our environment will vary from person to person or family to family. With that said, we have to make an honest assessment of how we make and spend our time in God's presence not only for us to hear His voice, but so that our voices can be heard.

Right now, as I write this post, I chose to keep my TV turned off with only the air conditioner running. The temptation to turn on the TV will always be there. Because that temptation is always going to be there, I had to make the conscious decision to keep the TV turned off and focus on the task at hand. There are so many ways for us to project our voices to those around us and to God Himself. 

We can stop briefly whatever it is we are doing and dedicate a moment of praise and thanksgiving for what God has done, is doing, and is about to do. We can also actively engage with God in our journaling as we share the thoughts of the day with Him. Or, we can actively engage with God and the world-at-large through blogging, evangelistic efforts, pastoring the flock, etc....etc...

Whatever it is that God has chosen us to do, let us be mindful that God is always listening. He listens to our prayers. He listens to our supplications. He listens to our concerns. God is always listening. Our words have immense power and influence over the lives of those we love and everyone that God has placed along our way. God is not only listening to our words, but He has also meticulously recorded every single one of them. My dear friends, our words (or the lack thereof) carry more weight and responsibility than we will ever imagine. Our words are also carefully examined with so much scrutiny that we will one day have to give an account for every single word spoken and not spoken.

I encourage you today my friends to always be mindful of what you are thinking before your thoughts turn into words. The words we speak must be uplifting, encouraging, inspirational, and motivational. There must also come a time when the words spoken must bring conviction in the hearts, minds, and souls of everyone we influence. Words that are challenging and that will spur on to a more intimate relationship with the triune God and with those that God places around us.

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you as you seek to have your voice heard above all the noise that is around us! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)