Friday, October 11, 2013

God Determines...!

A man's heart plans his way: but the LORD directs his steps. (Prov. 16:9) 

I remember back at a time when I was a whole lot younger during my time in high school when I had grand plans of joining the military (Army National Guard to be specific).  Those were some of the most exciting years of my entire life because I actually had a shot of not only joining the military, but being able to defend the homeland from potential intruders. Given the fact that my family has had an extensive history in both military and traditional law enforcement, my heart was already drawn in that direction to follow in their footsteps.

When I look back at all the plans I have made and see where I am now, there is no doubt that God had actually been the One directing my steps during that whole time and still to this day. All of us make plans continuously and there's nothing wrong with that in and of itself. On a personal note, I have had many experiences where I would make plans and then when I least expect it to happen, God ends up redirecting me in the direction He has wanted me to move in. 

One thing I have learned over an extended period of time is that I must include God in any plans that I have. Knowing very well that God is everywhere, sees everything, and just as importantly, knows everything, it would be in our best interest that we make every effort to include God in any kind of plans that we have regardless of the short-term planning and long-term planning involved.

Many of us are aware of God's perfect will, but God also has a permissive will. God, like our natural parents, will allow us the "freedom" to do anything we want regardless of the consequences. That would be an example of God's permissive will. You may know when you're walking in God's permissive will when you make decisions without praying about and as a result end up lacking genuine peace in the decision you have made.

God's perfect will is enacted when you have made exclusive time to get God involved in your decision-making. God's perfect will could involve another person that God chooses to use to reveal God's mind in that matter. The Holy Spirit would also be actively involved in the process as well intervening on your behalf by providing you with greater clarity in the decision-making process. 

My dear friends, as we acknowledge God's sovereignty over our lives, it would be dramatically easier for all of us to allow God to determine our steps so we don't wind up in a difficult situation. My hope and prayer is that God will continue to intervene in your daily affairs through the Holy Spirit not only because He desires to bless you, but because He also wants you to continue to be a blessing to everyone in your life regardless of where He has you right now.

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)