Saturday, October 5, 2013

For By Grace...!

For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Eph. 2:8-9) 

God's grace is so essential. 

In a post that I have done recently about "faith that moves mountains", I pointed out how our faith in God is so important for us to not only remove that mountain, but to help us in the journey through those mountains. Having faith in God is a critical ingredient in our relationship with Him. Having hope in Him is another very important element as well. Since the faith part has been covered in a previous post (or two), for the sake of this post, we cover the subject of grace, God's grace.

God's grace is the "glue" that enables us to be able to live our daily lives regardless of whatever it is we may be going through at the moment. Without His grace, it would be very difficult to not only feel His presence, but experience His mercy, love, and favor in our lives. God's grace also empowers us during times of great distress. I have immensely benefited from God's grace in, through, and around my life. 

On a personal note, I would not be the person that I am today without His grace. His grace has continuously guided me through some of the darkest moments of my life. His grace became the compass that always pointed me to true north. True North in God's compass points to Heaven and the coming Day of the Lord. It was God's grace that allowed me to experience His peace, mercy, and love when I found out so many of my friends were negatively impacted by the events of 9/11, especially the attack on the Twin Towers.

God's grace is most evident during moments of tragedy just like His grace is also present in our moments of triumph. 

So friends...

How do you respond to God's grace? 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you as you continue to respond positively to God's grace in both tragedy and triumph! Always remember friends...JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)