Monday, October 7, 2013

Fear Not!

Thus says the LORD that made you, and formed you from the womb, who will help you; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and you, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. 3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon your descendants, and my blessing upon your offspring: 4 And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the watercourses. (Isaiah 44:2-4) 


Fear abounds and plays a very prevalent role in our lives. Fear has a way of affecting us whether it happens to us directly or indirectly. Fear has an unusual way of transforming our lives. I remember a time in my life when fear was so strong that it has greatly affected my critical thinking skills and have actually paralyzed my ability to be able to make wise decisions.

On the other hand, fear has also played an immense role in providing me the opportunity to display courage in the midst of the challenges that I have confronted and currently confronting. Joyce Meyer wrote a book titled "Battlefield of the Mind". This book is a must read and I strongly encourage you to try to find a way to get your hands on it. In a nutshell, the book describes and goes into elaborate detail about the war between good and evil, God and Satan over our minds. 

Right now, as you read this post, there is a battle waging in the spiritual realm for not only our minds, but our souls too. Given the state of affairs in the global community in this day and age, everyone will fall under one of two categories: 1) Those who are fearful and succumb to their fears and 2) Those who are fearful and actually step up to face their fears in a courageous manner. Both of these categories have one thing in common: They involve people who are fearful of something and/or someone

My friends, let us not confuse irrational fear with the "fear of the Lord". When making a reference to the fear of the Lord, the word "fear" in this case is more closely related to respect and reverence, not irrational fear. 

I had to throw in that disclaimer because there may be people out there that may not know the difference between those types of fear. Fear does indeed have an amazing dynamic and has its way of captivating us. How you allow it to captivate you and what you choose to do with your fears is entirely up to you. Personally, I would strongly encourage you to surrender your fears to God and to anyone that you can confide in that will be able to provide the constructive support you need to help you through your fears and concerns.

FEAR NOT FRIENDS....FEAR NOT!!!!! 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you to help you overcome any fears (phobias) or concerns you have about the world we live in and our individual struggles and doubts. Always remember...JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!...:-).