Sunday, October 27, 2013

Accept Nothing Less!

Therefore receive one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. (Rom. 15:7) 

Accept nothing less than Jesus! 

Got that?

I'll openly admit that I was (and occasionally still do) have the tendency to accept less than Jesus. I will make no excuses about my sinful human tendencies. My hope and prayer is that by the time you finish reading this post, we will not only develop a greater appreciation for Who Jesus is and what He means to us as Christians, but we can also develop an immense appreciation for all the brothers and sisters in Christ who can be as transparent as possible about their shortcomings.

All of us have been guilty in some way, shape, or form of accepting less than God's best for our lives. Things we often accept less than Jesus comes in many forms. It can come in the form of many things. It can be anything that will fancy us. It can be something as benign as sports to something as malignant as abused drugs. In general, anything and/or anyone that preoccupies more of our time outside of the quality time we spend with Jesus can essentially be accepting less than God's best.

Mind you. I am not in any way implying that the people and things around us don't matter because they do. What I am implying is that those people and/or things that we covet so much can unintentionally (or intentionally) become the object of our desire and essentially turns those things and people into something greater than Jesus. As I have mentioned earlier, I have also been guilty of pursuing other things and people. There were also instances where I have given more priority to some of the cares of this world than God. 

As we make a greater effort to become more transparent about some (not all) of our daily affairs, especially those affairs that can greatly affect our relationship with God and with others, it will be so much easier to accept nothing less than Jesus. I love my family and friends immensely, but if I never give Jesus His rightful place in my life, no matter what I choose to do with my life, no matter what endeavor I choose to pursue, even if it's a godly endeavor, everything will be done in vain.

Many of us are called by God to do something great that will make an eternal impact in the lives of those around us. Lifting up the name of Jesus at church, at home, at the workplace, or in the marketplace will reveal what our real priorities are. To whom or what do you give more priority to? Jesus  or the cares of this world

Accept nothing less than Jesus! 

Thanks again for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you as we make every effort we can to accept nothing less than Jesus Christ! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-).