Friday, August 16, 2013

Lift You Higher!

Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. (Psalms 150:2) 

Psalms 150 in it's entirety is all about praising the name of the Lord. This chapter happens to be one of the shortest not only in the book of Psalms, but throughout the entire Bible. Praising the name of the Lord takes on many different shapes and sizes.

Lifting up the name of Jesus Christ is what God created us to do. Granted, not everyone will accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and lift up His name in the passionate way we, as Christians, lift up His name. Quite frankly, even within our Christian circles our praise will be different from person to person.

The beauty of Christian Living is that it plays a role in the numerous countries that are composed of individuals who are representatives/ambassadors of Jesus Christ. Personally, I have had the honor and privilege of traveling to various churches in my region and throughout the country to experience God in various ways. 

In New Jersey (the state I was born and raised in), has its own special way of lifting up the name of Jesus Christ and the way church services are led. In the short period of time I spent in California, I had the incredible honor and privilege of witnessing a pastor lead a Saturday night service with flip flops, t-shirt, and shorts. As exciting as this and so many other instances of the way worship and praise is practiced in the amazing sub-culture we call California, I will admit that it took the New Jersey man some time to adjust.

This is what makes being a servant of the Lord so exciting and refreshing. To be able to enjoy and experience the many facets of praise and worship in not only this country, but all around the world is a life-changing experience. What it all boils down to is that the name of Jesus Christ is lifted up as all the honor, all the praise, and all the glory is given to Him. 

So friends, are you ready to continue to lift up the name of Jesus with me?

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name. JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-). Without further delay, I want to bring to all of you Lift You Higher by Hillsong Live. Here's the lyrics...ENJOY!!!...:-D

LIFT YOU HIGHER BY HILLSONG LIVE 

VERSE
You came to save the world
To rescue me
To rescue me
You came to give us hope
You're all I need
You're all I need

You set our hearts on fire
It burns in me
It burns in me
Now You awaken us
For all to see
For all to see

PRE-CHORUS
Because Your love has set me free
Because Your love will never leave
Because You live and died for me
I live for You alone

CHORUS
We lift You higher
Our God
Your Name be lifted higher
In everything

BRIDGE
We lift You up
We lift You up
We lift You up