Sunday, August 18, 2013

Beneath The Waters (I Will Rise)!

And this is the will of him that sent me, that everyone who sees the Son, and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:40) 

Long story short

There was a time in my life when I had no idea how to swim. When I did attempt to learn how to swim, my coordination was so bad that I was barely able to keep myself afloat and would slowly, but surely start to drown. After so many days of practicing at the shallow end of the pool, my swimming teacher asked if I was ready for a MAJOR test. A look of paranoia flooded my countenance. 

My swimming teacher asked all of her students to line up in single file and we followed suit. Since I was the last person standing in the line, I had an opportunity to observe that the first person in line was standing right behind the steps of the diving board. Yeah, you could only imagine the horror in my face. Jumping off the diving board and into the deepest part of the pool almost created a panic in me.

One by one each student jumped off the diving board and swam all the way to the other end of the pool. Then came my turn. Obviously, my heart would be beating so fast almost to the point of panic. My precarious situation turned into a more comical one as my teacher saw me close my eyes and make a jump into the deepest part of the pool with my eyes closed and plugging my nose with my right hand. 

The jump happened so fast I almost forgot how tall I really was. My momentary panic immediately turned into an overwhelming joy and confidence when I finally broke the surface of the water and began swimming all the way to the other end of the pool excited and totally pumped up. There must have been a major shot of adrenaline running through my body. When everything was all said and done, my teacher shouted out loud and cheered for me. What an awesome accomplishment!...:-)

My dear friends, I wanted to share this "short" story with you because I wanted to encourage you that when we are confronted by obstacles in life that threaten to "drown" us, we have a friend named Jesus that is there to encourage and challenge us to place our faith and trust in Him to be able to overcome any challenges that come our way. 

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-). Without further delay, here's the lyrics Beneath The Waters (I Will Rise) by Hillsong Live...ENJOY!!!...:-D

BENEATH THE WATERS (I WILL RISE) BY HILLSONG LIVE 

VERSE
This is my revelation
Christ Jesus crucified
Salvation through repentance
At the cross on which He died

Now here my absolution
Forgiveness for my sin
And I sink beneath the waters
That Christ was buried in

CHORUS
I will rise (But now I rise)
I will rise
As Christ was raised to life
Now in Him
Now in Him
I live

VERSE
I stand a new creation
Baptised in blood and fire
No fear of condemnation
By faith I'm justified

BRIDGE
I rise as You are risen
Declare Your rule and reign
My life confess Your Lordship
And glorify Your Name

Your word it stands eternal
Your kingdom knows no end
Your praise goes on forever
And on and on again

No power can stand against You
No curse assault Your throne
No one can steal Your glory
For it is Yours alone

I stand to sing Your praises
I stand to testify
For I was dead in my sin