Monday, July 15, 2013

What If I Stumble!

But I roughly treat my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9:27) 

What if I stumble?

Have any of you ever asked that question to yourself or to others? Have you ever given that question any thought throughout your entire Christian life? To be honest, I have never given it any serious thought. 

Quite frankly, the thought of stumbling and fall out of God's grace, favor, and mercy just disturbs me in the Spirit. To go through the rest of my life with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ will be like living in a world that is devoid of love, peace, joy, and everything else that comes with being in the fullness of Christ.


Given the fact the we are imperfect and living in a sin-filled world, the temptation to deliberately stumble and fall (backslide) has affect so many of us in ways that would be pretty difficult to relate to. The complexities of living life as a Christian when the world is clamoring for your attention and pull you away from God.


In spite of all the distractions that the Enemy, the world, and our flesh throw our way, we serve a wonderful God that is Faithful and True. I can personally attest to God's faithfulness not only in my own life, but in the lives of others also. I strongly encourage you to give the above question some serious thought because there have been so many Christians that have "backslide" ending up committing their lives to the ways of this world instead of living for God. 


The price of living our lives as Christians is often a very pricey one. For most of us, it will cost us indifference in the eyes of the society. There are also other instances when when there is an even greater price to pay. We have Christians that live in some very oppressive countries that attempt to live each and everyday of their lives for Christ. 


For those of us who are privileged to live in countries whos government are very supportive of Evangelical Christianity, let us never take for granted the liberties that have been made available to us and let us try shine the light of Jesus Christ to as many people as we can and win them for Heaven. For those of us who live in countries that live that are very oppressive toward Evangelical Christians, I want to remind you and encourage you that the fruit of your labors will be seen in Heaven. On a personal note, I'm always reminded of Christians that are persecuted everyday and die for Christ. Enduring those kind of hardships for Jesus is what continuously motivates me to do what I have been doing since I have accepted Jesus into my life.


"What if I stumble?" is a thought-provoking question that we need to ask ourselves and others so that we can take serious consideration of the consequences that will follow for ourselves and everyone that God has entrusted into our lives. When we ask ourselves this question, it is a very good opportunity to ask God to give us the strength and wisdom necessary to not only confront, but also endure the evils of this world. 


Thanks again for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-). Here's the lyrics What If I Stumble by DcTalk. ENJOY!!!!....:-D    


WHAT IF I STUMBLE BY DCTALK  



[Brennan Manning:]
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today
Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

What if I stumble?
What if I fall? 

Is this one for the people?
Is this one for the Lord?
Or do I simply serenade
For things I must afford?

You can jumble them together
My conflict still remains
Holiness is calling
In the midst of courting fame 

'Cause I see the trust in their eyes
Though the sky is falling
They need Your love in their lives
Compromise is calling 

What if I stumble
What if I fall?
What if I lose my step
And I make fools of us all?

Will the love continue
When my walk becomes a crawl?
What if I stumble
And what if I fall? 

What if I stumble
What if I fall?
You never turn in
The heat of it all
What if I stumble
What if I fall? 

Father please forgive me
For I cannot compose
The fear that lives within me
Or the rate at which it grows

If struggle has a purpose
On the narrow road you've carved
Why do I dread my trespasses
Will leave a deadly scar 

Do they see the fear in my eyes?
Are they so revealing?
This time I cannot disguise
All the doubt I'm feeling 

What if I stumble
What if I fall?
What if I lose my step
And I make fools of us all?

Will the love continue
When my walk becomes a crawl?
What if I stumble
And what if I fall?

What if I stumble?
Everyone's got to crawl
When you know that
You're up against a wall
It's about to fall
Everyone's got to crawl
When you know that 

Everyone's got to crawl
When you know that
You're up against a wall
It's about to fall
Everyone's got to crawl
When you know that

I hear You whispering my name
(You say)
My love for You will never change
(Never change)

What if I stumble
What if I fall?
What if I lose my step
And I make fools of us all?

Will the love continue
When my walk becomes a crawl?
What if I stumble
And what if I fall?

What if I stumble
And what if I fall?
What if I lose my step
And I make fools of us all?

Will the love continue
When my walk becomes a crawl?
What if I stumble
And what if I fall?

What if I stumble
What if I fall?
You never turn in
The heat of it all
What if I stumble
What if I fall?
You are my comfort
And my God 

Is this one for the people
Is this one for the Lord?