Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Rain!

And he prayed again, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth brought forth its fruit. (James 5:18) 

I want to dedicate this post to all of my amazing friends that may be going through a very "dry" season in your lives. For those of you that are just beginning your "dry season", my hope and prayer is that this post will serve you in a way that will not only encourage you, but challenge you as well. Last, but not least, for those of you that have already gone through your "dry season", my hope and prayer is that you continue to give God all the glory, praise, and honor. I'm also confident in the Lord that you are using your "dry season" experience as a way to elevate the hopes and dreams of everyone around you.

So friend, are you ready to receive the rain? 

For every single one of us, rain is an essential necessity to sustain life. Rain replenishes plants bringing new life to the environment they live in.  Rain also provide oasis in many desert regions around the world. Rain is one of God's many different creations. Obviously, one can find numerous benefits to enjoying God's creation especially when it benefits us in some way, shape, or form in the natural realm.

In the supernatural realm, there is a totally different type of rain that God will cast down upon us. In the music video above, the band makes the request that God rains upon them. I'm confident in the Lord that the "rain" is a reference to the Holy Spirit, His grace, mercy, and love for us. God's "rain" provides the type of cleansing that is not visible to the naked eye and can only be seen as the fruits of God's "rain" has been poured upon us after an extended period of time. God's "rain" not only cleanses us, but also refreshes and replenishes us as well.

The supernatural relief that comes with from being refreshed by God's "rain" will serve as a constant reminder that God is indeed Faithful and True.  Admittedly, I'm currently in "dry season" myself. Physical and financial hardships (something so many of us can relate to) have taken a huge toll on my walk with God. One of my mentors once told me that God has allowed me to go through a "desert experience". In the course of this "desert experience", my mentor told me that God will allow the enemy to strip me of everything that I have given too much value to so that I will be able to find more value in God Himself.

In spite of the hardship of this "desert experience", I'm gradually beginning to see a savannah ahead with a beautiful oasis awaiting my arrival. God's grace, mercy, and love has been showered upon me through so many different means. God's "rain" has been showered on me through some of my family members and close friends. God's "rain" continues to be showered upon us on a daily basis. I can only hope and pray that none of us will ever take God's "rain" for granted.

Earlier in this post, I asked you if you are ready to receive the rain. The answer to that question is yours and yours alone to answer. All of us will one day see the fruits of your desire for God's "rain" in your life. My dear friends, don't just ask for a small sprinkle, ask for a steady shower to fall upon you as you become more intimate in your relationship with God and with others. 

Thank you once again for reading this far my awesome friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-). Here's the lyrics to the song Rain by Planetshakers

RAIN BY PLANETSHAKERS   


VERSE:
We're asking for Your rain
Let it be a shower
A Holy Spirit downpour

PRE CHORUS:
Spirit won't You come
And move upon this place
Reveal all

CHORUS:
Rain
We're asking for rain
A Holy Spirit downpour
Lord we're crying out for rain

BRIDGE:
Let Your kingdom come
Let Your will be done
Let it be on earth
As in Your heart
Let Your kingdom come
Let Your will be done