Thursday, July 11, 2013

Put Your Hands Up!

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise. (Psalms 98:4) 

YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!!!!!....;-) 

Ok, I'm just kidding. Sort of.

The title of this post suggests you to do something that a police officer will usually ask you when they suspect that you have committed a crime. Have you committed any crimes lately? I truly hope and pray that this is not the case. 

Getting arrested from an earthly standpoint is never a pleasant experience. Thankful to the Lord, I never had to experience this. This in no way, shape, or form implies that I have never been arrested before. I experienced a totally different arrest during my short lifetime. I was arrested by the presence of God. 

Not only did God's presence "arrest me", it also held me captive. Once His presence has totally consumed my life, I was not only able to be held captive by the beauty of God's presence, I have also come to learn to appreciate and never take for granted everything that God has surrounded us with. Everything from nature to the people that God has chosen to surround us with.

My dear friends, have you been arrested by God? 

If so, then congratulations! It's an awesome experience to be held captive by Him because God is the only Person that has the ability to captivate us and also give us the freedom (freewill) to pursue Him and His plan for our lives. Read Jeremiah 29:11. God has a wonderful plan for every single one of His children. 

If for any reason, you have yet to be "arrested" by God, then I strongly encourage you to totally surrender yourself and your life to God in an act of celebrated worship with your hands lifted high in loving adoration. When I totally surrendered my life to the Lord, little did I know that I was going to experience all the good, all the bad, and all the ugly that life had to offer me. In spite of all of those experiences, I was able to find victory in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

My hope and prayer is that this post will continue to serve as a source of encouragement (and challenge) to you and your relationship with God. Thanks again for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' precious name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!!....:-). Here's the lyrics to Put Your Hands Up from Planetshakers. 

PUT YOUR HANDS UP FROM PLANETSHAKERS
Words & Music by Joth Hunt

VERSE: 
Iʼve gotta let You know that Iʼm so thankful
For everything You have done
The way You lifted me, and turned my life around
Now in You I am found

PRE CHORUS:
So put your hands up, everybody give Him glory
Hands up

CHORUS:
Everybody shout your praise aloud
And sing with everything
Give Him all the glory, for our God is worthy
Whoa

BRIDGE: (Riff)
If you love Him donʼt stop praising, put your hands up
If you love Him donʼt stop praising, put your hands up
Everybody give Him glory, put your hands up
Put your hands up

Put your hands up