Sunday, July 21, 2013

Glorious Ruins!


The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. (Psalms 51:17)  

When you see a picture of a ruin, what is the first thing you think about? The first thing I would most likely notice is would be all of the broken down buildings that have crumbled over the course of many centuries. There are ruins all around the world that have different stories to tell. 

In the same way those ruins have a story to tell, there are plenty of people around us today with ruined lives of their own with various stories to tell. All you need to to do in this day and age is look at your TV screen and newspaper. For those of us who have access to internet, there are numerous sites that report atrocities on a daily basis.

Just like past civilizations have been ruined due to natural disasters and man-made events such as wars. There are many of us today that have been affected by the same exact scenarios that continues to play itself  in the world we live in today. An excellent example of the two scenarios that I have mentioned is the civil war that is currently taking place in Syria. A natural disaster also unfolded recently in Taiwan where a very powerful typhoon killed a small number of people. 

With lives being "ruined" on a daily basis, where do we find the glory in it? I personally admit, outside of Christ, I would be hard-pressed to find any glory whatsoever in a "ruined life". Yet, as Christians, it is more than possible to find glory in the midst of the ruins of our lives. God always abides in the midst of the "ruins" of our lives. Even though war and natural disasters play a role in our lives, we don't necessarily have to experience them to have ruined lives.

We also have the ability to "ruin" our own lives as well without the assistance of any external circumstances to "ruin" our lives. Because of lack of wisdom, knowledge, and understand, we can "ruin" our lives in the areas of finance, health, and spiritual well-being. In spite of our own shortcomings, God in His mercy and grace has continuously been faithful and true to us. Doesn't that excite you friends?...:-)

God is in the restoration business my friends. He's promised us in His Word that He will restore us not only in this life, but in the life to come as well. Always remember friends...ruins can always be restored.

The glory can only be found when Christ is the One doing the restoration...:-)

Thank you very much for reading this far my friends! My hope and prayer is that YOU will be able to find Jesus in the midst of your "ruins". Without any further delay, I want to bring to all of you Glorious Ruins from Hillsong Live. May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-)

GLORIOUS RUINS BY HILLSONG LIVE

VERSE
When the mountains fall
And the tempest roars You are with me
When creation folds
Still my soul will soar on Your mercy

PRE-CHORUS
I'll walk through the fire
With my head lifted high
And my spirit revived in Your story
And I'll look to the cross
As my failure is lost
In the light of Your glorious grace

CHORUS
Let the ruins come to life
In the beauty of Your Name
Rising up from the ashes
God forever You reign

And my soul will find refuge
In the shadow of Your wings
I will love You forever
And forever I'll sing

VERSE
When the world caves in
Still my hope will cling to Your promise
Where my courage ends
Let my heart find strength in Your presence