Monday, July 29, 2013

Endless Light!

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalms 27:1) 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

I must have heard that line a million times at this point in my life. Anytime we find ourselves in a very dark place in our lives, this is one of those lines that are most commonly used to encourage us in those hard times. There is no doubt that we can all use a strong dose of encouragement from time to time. Right?

A friend of mine once made a passing joke about the light at the end of the tunnel. He told me that as encouraging it is to see "the light at the end of the tunnel", we also have to pay attention to where that light source is coming from. He concluded that the light at the end of the tunnel may not be the natural light of the sun but the artificial light of the train that's about to run you over if you don't pay attention...:-)

All joking aside, the light that I really want to focus on in this post is the light of Jesus Christ. Many of us have grown up knowing that the light of Jesus Christ sheds light on our sinful nature and the realities of our human shortcomings. The light of Jesus Christ also has another remarkable attribute. His light also provides warmth and comfort. His light also acts as a beacon to guide us through life. 

The light of Jesus Christ also acts as a shield of sorts to protect us. I hope and pray that this is not the case in real life, but here's a small analogy that may shed some light (pun intended) on what I mean by light acting as a defense mechanism. If you happen to live in a home that is infested with roaches and you turn on the light to your kitchen or bathroom, what happens? The roaches run and scatter all over the place. In some instances, the roaches may even lose their sense of direction, lost and confused by the brightness of the light.

In the same way the light of Jesus Christ has the ability to repel. The light of Jesus Christ also has the ability to draw you in as well. The exact same way that moths are attracted to light. The light of Jesus Christ has a dual-effect in our lives. It will either repel us or it will draw us in. The choice of what happens to us (repel or draw us in) is entirely up to us. The light of Jesus Christ drew me in. As a result, the light of Jesus Christ in the lives of other believers in my own neighborhood and around the world drew me closer to Him. 

"This little light of mine...I'm gonna let it shine...this little light of mine...I'm gonna let it shine...let it shine...let it shine...let it shine..." 

If you can relate to those words, then I look forward to continuing to bask in that light together with you. If not, then I encourage you to jump into the light of Jesus Christ. Jesus is ready to receive you with warmth and comfort. Here's a wacky little line for you...:-)

DON'T BE A ROACH...BE A MOTH!!!...:-) 

Thanks for reading to the very end my friends! Without any further delay, I want to bring to all of you Endless Light by Hillsong. May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' precious name! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-).  Here's the lyrics...ENJOY!!!...:-D 

ENDLESS LIGHT BY HILLSONG LIVE

VERSE
From the highest throne
To the earth below
You laid down Your life
For the likes of us
Great is the love of the Saviour

From the wounded heart
To a life made whole
Every human heart
Will declare as one
Great is the love of the Saviour

CHORUS
Lord of endless light
Let Your glory shine forever
All the earth
All the earth
Sing Your praise

Hope of every heart
Let Your name be lifted higher
All our hearts
All our hearts
Sing Your praise

VERSE
From the mountain heights
To the valleys low
All created things
Given life to show
Jesus we live for Your glory

From the rising sun
To the still of night
Every waking moment
For Your delight
Jesus we live for Your glory

BRIDGE
God be exalted
God be exalted
In everything
We live for Your glory
Live for Your glory