Sunday, June 9, 2013

Speak Up!

Open your mouth for the dumb, for the cause of all who are left desolate.  Open your mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy. (Prov. 31:8-9) 

Speak up...or forever hold your peace! 

This is the theme of this post. Now. Before I SPEAK UP (and LOUDLY), it's important for all of you to know that JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-). 

Why would I go through all the "trouble" of telling you that "Jesus loves you and so do I"? In all reality, it's no trouble at all. I do what I do because I'm passionate about Jesus and people in general. Christian Living has become the "premier" platform for me to "speak up" on various subject matter with the intent of applying biblical worldview to the different areas of our daily living.

Granted, not everyone that reads Christian Living may have the ability to speak up due to various obstacles that can get in our way. Some of us may have physical disabilities that may impede our ability to have your voice heard. Some of us may live under very oppressive governments that threaten your freedoms if you decided to speak up. These are just a couple of examples of why people are not able to speak up.

I will openly admit it that there are moments when I have my reservations about speaking up on certain subject matters that may tickle someone's "funny bone" the "wrong way". Whenever God does lay something on my heart to share with everyone, I'm often in prayer mode so that the Holy Spirit will give me the words to not only convict, but also heal. 

I did a post in my Servant Leadership series titled "Servant Leadership...Listening". Listening is the key to being able to speak up with clarity and boldness. As we listen to God for the proper perspective on a particular subject matter, we will also be sensitive enough in the Holy Spirit to be able to listen to the hearts of those around us. 

I strongly encourage you my amazing friends to speak up like you have never spoken up before. We are God's megaphone to a lost and dying world. God will hold us accountable one day about our effort (or lack of) when we stand before His presence. I'm extremely encouraged that God has provided me the resources and the platform to be able to express what Jesus has done in my life and be able to share what God often lays on my heart to share with all of you.

Be encouraged my friend! There is no doubt whatsoever that God will empower you to speak up on His behalf as He provides you with the resources, skills, and gifts to carry out the message that will make an eternal impact in the lives of the people that God brings into your life. The key here is to listen (and listen well) as you prayerfully meditate on God's Word and His voice.

QUESTION: What kind of resources has God given you to "speak up"? 

Thank you very much for reading this far my friends! In the same way God has blessed me with the ability to presently use blogging as the platform to have a voice and speak up on behalf of millions of Christians around the world that don't have the freedoms that some of us may have to let their voices be heard. This is only the beginning my friends! I also hope and pray that God will open doors for public speaking opportunities here in the USA and around the world. When it's all said and done, it's all about Jesus. I'm just an ordinary man that loves to be used by an extraordinary God.

May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name my wonderful friends! JESUS LOVES YOU...AND SO DO I!!!...:-) 

ENJOY TOO!!!...:-D