Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Humility!

By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honor, and life. (Prov. 22:4) 

This is one of my favorite subjects to talk about! This is one of the few subjects that very few people ever talk about in any given area of our lives, yet is so desperately needed to find favor with God and man. Humility, when applied to our daily living will reap amazing results in every single area of our lives.

Jesus epitomizes humility. In the Gospel of John alone there are scores of verses that point out humility in the life of Jesus. Here are 11 verses on humility in the life of Jesus to get your appetite started. 

(John 5:19; 5:30; 5:41; 6:38; 7:16; 7:28; 8:28; 8:42; 8:50; 14:10; 14:24) 

The following paragraph sums it up as far as what Jesus tells us about His relationship to His Father. Here it goes:
He was nothing, that God might be all. He resigned Himself with His will and His powers entirely for the Father to work in Him. Of His own power, His own will, His own glory, of His whole mission with all His works and teaching,—of all this He said, It is not I; I am nothing; I have given Myself to the Father to work; I am nothing, the Father is all.

My dear friends, Jesus' entire life and ministry made humility the root of everything He is and does. Isn't that such a wonderful and miraculous disposition? As Christians, we need to model our lives and deeds with the same humble disposition the way Jesus did. Amen?

Before I finish this post, I want to share a prayer for humility with all of you. I will here give you an infallible touch-stone, that will try all to the truth. It is this: retire from the world and all conversation, only for one month; neither write, nor read, nor debate anything with yourself, stop all the former workings of your heart and mind: and, with all the strength of your heart, stand all this month, as continually as you can, in the following form of prayer to God. Offer it frequently on your knees; but whether sitting, walking, or standing, be always inwardly longing, and earnestly praying this one prayer to God:

"That of His great goodness He would make known to you, and take from your heart, every kind and form and degree of Pride, whether it be from evil spirits, or your own corrupt nature; and that He would awaken in you the deepest depth and truth of that Humility, which can make you capable of His light and Holy spirit."  

Reject every thought, but that of waiting and praying in this matter from the bottom of your heart, with such truth and earnestness, as people in torment wish to pray and be delivered from it.... If you can and will give yourself up in truth and sincerity to this spirit of prayer, I will venture to affirm that, if you had twice as many evil spirits in you as Mary Magdalene had, they will all be cast out of you, and you will be forced with her to weep tears of love at the feet of the holy Jesus.

Wow! That was a mouthful, but it was necessary since this subject is hardly spoken of. I'm barely scratching the surface of this topic and I'm already anticipating on putting together a series on humility as it is important to all of us that we get a clearer understanding on the role of humility in our lives and ministries.

I want to thank every single one of my amazing friends for reading this far! I know this is a pretty lengthy post and I will always be indebted to all of you for your patience and taking the time to getting a better grasp on such a critical issue in our lives. There is no doubt in my mind, heart, and soul that this series (and study) on the subject of humility will transform our lives.

May God continue to bless you and keep you all in Jesus' mighty name my friends! JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!...:-) 

Hope you enjoy it too!!!...:-D