Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wait!


Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not yourself because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not yourself in any way to do evil. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. (Psalms 37:7-9)

Boy oh boy! This post is a major sticking point in my life. I must admit, I haven't always been known to wait on anyone, much less wait (rest) on the Lord. I'm very confident that the vast majority of you can relate to my dilemma because we have the tendency to want to be the movers and the shakers of the environment we live in and the relationships we hold so dearly.

Waiting under certain conditions, especially under distress can be very challenging sometimes. The above scripture verse to WAIT PATIENTLY for Him. In spite of the conditions that we may find ourselves in, waiting patiently for HIM will have numerous benefits for us. Those benefits will also make an amazing impact in the quality of our lives and the lives of others.

In my own life, I was always on the move. As a result, I had the tendency to take matters into my own hands  whenever I felt like God or anyone else for that matter was taking too long for my liking. Little did I know that I ended up setting myself up for failure. When I ended up failing in various areas of my life, God had to use those failures to ground me so that I would have no other choice but to be totally dependent on Him.

It has been through those periods of failure where I have learned to become more and more dependent on Him as well as wait that things will eventually iron themselves out. The type of waiting that I have learned to develop over time has been more of an active wait moreso than a passive wait. Had I chosen to passively wait, even though passive waiting also has its place from time to time, I would possibly have ended up missing an opportunity to expand my scope of influence as I make the effort to advance God's kingdom here on Earth.

Exciting days are ahead my friends! Maybe some of us are already experiencing those days while some of us still have yet to experience something truly fulfilling and rewarding. Be patient my friends and wait on the Lord as He is continuing to His work in, through, and around your life. When we are able to wait patiently on the Lord, it's only a matter of time before God does the miraculous for you and everyone in your life.

So what are you waiting for friends?  

Are you waiting for a financial breakthrough? Are you waiting for the results of a recent physical? Are you waiting for an opportunity to have a book published? Are you waiting for any kind of dream to be fulfilled? So many more questions can be asked. Regardless of whatever you're waiting for, always keep the faith and the hope that God will be the One to finish what He started in your life.

Thanks for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-). Last, but not least, I'm praying for YOU...yes...YOU!!!...:-D