Thursday, May 30, 2013

Vision!

And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, so he may run that reads it. (Habakkuk 2:2)

Have any of you ever had an experience where you were in the middle of doing something and then a passing thought just "popped up" in your mind? I'm quite confident that this happens to us far more often than we think.  Visions have a way of happening at various times of the day under various kinds of circumstances.

There's a great deal that we still have yet to learn about visions. For the sake of this post, I simply want to elaborate a little bit on this subject. Just like dreams, the purpose of visions is to bring some type of revelation that may (or may not) provide us with some clarity to our present (or future) reality.

There was a time when I was younger that I used to journal my experiences. There would also be moments that I would read the Bible and the Holy Spirit may "quicken" me in the form of a vision. Visions in this particular manner happen far less frequently for me. I cannot speak for everyone on this matter since God operates differently in all of His children.

I honestly believe that what we all have in common is that when we do have a vision, it's either going to be pleasant (or not so pleasant). Let's hope and pray that it's not the latter. Regardless of the type of vision we have, there's a distinct purpose and plan that God has for all of us. The vast majority of the visions we have will not make any sense to us at first and that's totally okay. 

The best suggestion I can make and follow faithfully myself when a vision is experienced is to first and foremost consult the Bible so we can get a better understanding of the role of visions in light of God's Word. Spend quality time with God Himself in prayer. Last, but not least, consult with your innermost circle of family and friends that will be sensitive in the Holy Spirit. You will never know if God will use someone as His mouthpiece.

As with any other subject matter, this subject can be elaborated on in even greater depth. I'm also confident that the are plenty of individuals that are far more qualified on this subject and many others than I am. This is one of my great joys about blogging, and Christian blogging in particular. 

QUESTION: What kind of vision does God have for your life?

Thank you very much for reading this far my friends! My hope and prayer for all of you is that whatever vision God has blessed you with, not only will you be benefited, but so will the people that God has placed into your life. May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' precious name! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-) 

ENJOY TOO!!!...:-D