Friday, May 10, 2013

Bold Faith!

   And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive. (Matt. 21:22)

I remember hearing so many years ago a song titled "Faith" by George Michael. I openly admit that I don't know a great deal about George Michael and whether or not he was actually Christian, but I couldn't help but be impressed that he makes such a BOLD declaration of his desire to have faith. Regardless of where he stood (or stands), that song became one of the most widely regarded songs I have heard in my generation.

This does bring up a pretty valid question though...

What kind of faith do we live with in our daily lives?

The degree of faith will vary from person to person. While some of us a very optimistic about what God has in store for us. There are still others that are rather pessimistic about what God has in store for them. So many of us have been brought up through diverse circumstances, cultural backgrounds, and beliefs. All of the things shape our faith in God.

In my experience, I am the youngest of four children. My two oldest siblings went on to get married and have families of their own while me and the third sibling continue to live together to this day. Without getting too far into my story, I was born into this world without ever seeing my biological father, my brother (third sibling) was born into this world with Spina Bifida with a projected lifespan of anywhere from 6 months to one year. The two oldest siblings also had their challenges as well during their lifetimes.

As Hispanics, we all grew up with very strong family values and have always bonded with our mom and each other to try to create a safe and wholesome environment for one another. We all grew up in a God-fearing home and have attended Sunday school during the years of our childhood. With the exception of the third (due to his handicap), the rest of us eventually developed the tendency to rebel against God and our family.

In spite of all the difficult circumstances we all endured growing up and into our adult years, our strong family ties, and most importantly, our faith in God has taken us to newer heights in our relationship with each other, but even more importantly, our relationship with God. As a result, of my mom's 4 children, only three of us are currently serving the Lord faithfully. The hand of God has been witnessed in the deliverance of God healing my mom of an incurable neurological condition called Lupus.

My third sibling has lived to turn 40 years old last year after having been told that he was only going to live 6 months to one year. I also experienced a miracle as well when I survived a 10-minute seizure that almost took my life. My dear friends, I share this small testimony with all of you because God and I both know that there are people that have been brought up through various circumstances, cultural backgrounds, and beliefs that need to know that Jesus lives in my heart and the days of miracles are far from over.

Are YOU ready for YOUR miracle?

This is only the beginning my friends and I will update all of you as the miracles happen in not only my life, but in the lives of those around me and those all around the world. God has a wonderful plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11) my dear friends! That is what I call BOLD FAITH!!! I want to thank you all very much from the very bottom of my heart for reading this post as I know that God has ministered to you in a miraculous and mysterious way. May God continue to bless you and keep you friends! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-)