Saturday, April 20, 2013

With All My Heart!

     Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalms 51:10) 

There have been a couple of occasions when I have posted a prayer of salvation on a few posts. It is with all my heart that I do this because the days we live in a treacherous. In light of the recent bombing in Boston during the Boston Marathon, I cannot help but think about the people that have been killed and injured (some in critical condition at the writing of this post). 

Have those people given their heart to Jesus before, during, or even after the event unfolded? 

Events such as this one and 9/11 often provide more questions than answers. I used to volunteer on behalf of  American Red Cross and have experienced firsthand the terror of your life flashing right before your eyes. No matter what part of the world we are from, death is always knocking on the door. This fact alone should always motivate us to think about where we will end up spending eternity. I'm not going to get too far into it, but the above question should warrant enough thought about this life and the next.

This post is somewhat sobering, yet holds the promise of hope because of the fact that Jesus is available for those who really desire to have an intimate relationship with Him. When I made the decision to give Jesus ALL my heart, did I have certain concerns such as losing friends and even family members in the process? Of course! Yet, I have been able to find more comfort in the fact that I'm promised eternal life not because of what I have done, doing, or am about to do, but because of what Jesus has done for me.

My dear friends, tomorrow is not promised to any of us. How many times are we going to continue to deny the rightful place of Jesus Christ in our lives? This is a very valid question because we can get buried underneath a flurry of activity without thinking where we would end up spending eternity. No one at the Boston Marathon and Twin Towers would have thought that such a dreadful event would eventually fall upon them.

The most miraculous part is that God chooses to use people like you and me to become heroes of faith as we provide them with hope of Jesus, not just in this life, but in the life to come. As a former volunteer for the American Red Cross, I know what it is like to provide humanitarian needs as well as spiritual needs to those desperate for a helping hand. It is because of my heart for Jesus and the experience of providing both humanitarian and spiritual needs that I write to this day.

My dear friends, my hope and prayer is that you will make yourself available to Jesus to be His hands, feet, and voice to this lost and dying world. Tragedy can do one of two things. Tragedy can either paralyze you with fear or tragedy can instill the courage of Joshua. God left the following words to Joshua...

Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be you dismayed: for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

WOW! Those are what I call powerful words!...:-)

Thank you so much for reading this far my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you all in Jesus' mighty name! Without any further delay, I want to bring to all of you With All My Heart by Plantshakers. Always remember...Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-). Here's the lyrics below...ENJOY!!!...:-D 

WITH ALL MY HEART BY PLANETSHAKERS

[Verse 1:]
Create in me
A heart that's clean
Make my spirit new
'Cause all I want is you

[Verse 2:]
Restore to me
Salvations joy
Teach me your way
'Cause all I want is you
All I want is you

[Chorus:]
With all my heart I will worship
With all my soul I will sing your praise
With everything that is in me
I will glorify your holy name

[Repeat verse 2]

[Repeat chorus twice]

[Repeat lots of times:]
I will bless the Lord

Repeat chorus

Repeat lots of times:
I will bless the Lord