Thursday, April 4, 2013

Reflector!

For now we see in a mirror dimly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. (1 Cor. 13:12)

I must admit. Looking at a mirror can be scary sometimes. :-)

The most amazing part about being able to see ourselves in the mirror is that it gives us a chance to see any imperfections that can potentially embarrass us if we end up overlooking them. Evidently, we all know that I'm actually making a reference to our physical appearance. There's also another kind of appearance that we must be equally or more attentive of. That is our spiritual appearance.

Just imagine how scary it appears when we see ourselves in the mirror and we see the bags under our eyes, wrinkles in the most widely seen places so on and so forth. SCAREEEEE....:-D. Please forgive me friends. I'm definitely trying not to make too much light of this, but I have to bring it up because of the realistic possibility that our spiritual nature can be even scarier once we shed some light on it.

The light of Jesus Christ sheds light on everything. The good. The bad. The ugly. Yes, I just said ugly. Just not in the way you may be thinking. As we reflect the light of Jesus Christ into our own lives and into the lives of those around us, it is amazing to see the many wonderful qualities that are within each and every single one of us. The main purpose of Jesus' light is to reveal the most beautiful qualities within us.

Granted, His light will also reveal those things that we don't want to see in ourselves. There is a distinct purpose in why Jesus' light reveals our "dark side". The whole point to this angle is so that we can see what is hindering us from having an intimate relationship with God and having a fruitful and blessed relationship with the people that God places in our lives.

As Christians, we have a wonderful opportunity to reflect the light of Jesus Christ no matter what and how we look like. It will not matter what our cultural background, upbringing, and experiences we have gone through. What will matter is that in order for us to be effective witnesses of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we must be able to reflect His light. As a result, God will have all the glory because of His miraculous ability to use vessels like you and me in spite of our imperfections and shortcomings.

Are you ready to be a "reflector" for Jesus as we carry out the great commission to the four corners of the world?

With that being said, I want to thank all of you for reading and following Christian Living my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you all in Jesus' mighty name. Jesus loves you and so do I!!! Without any further delay, I want to bring to all of you Reflector by Planetshakers. Here's the lyrics below...ENJOY!!!!...:-)

REFLECTOR BY PLANETSHAKERS

Since I've found your love
I've never needed anything to fill my heart
Even when I fall
You're always there with open arms to pick me up
From the start I knew
No one else could make me feel the way you do
Everyday i want to grow
Just a little bit closer, just a little bit closer

I want to be a reflector
I want to shine with your glory
I want to let the whole world know that you're
Living in me

I want to burn with your fire
Shine my light a little brighter
I want to let the whole world know that
Jesus Lives in me