Monday, April 8, 2013

No Compromise!

And he answering said, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself. (Lk. 10:27)

Our world today are full of compromises. Some healthy. Some not so healthy or outright disastrous. Personally, I want to thank God Almighty for where I am today. I say that because there have been numerous occasions throughout my lifetime where I have had many not-so-healthy or outright disastrous compromises. In spite of those moments, I must also thank God for the many occasions that I have made the right decisions and as a result, have a lot of healthy compromises.

The reality of it all is that we live in a sin-filled world that is colored gray all around us. With so many opportunities for both good and bad compromises, how do we effectively know for sure which compromise will hurt us or benefit us? Since I'm always in the habit of constantly forcing myself to look at life and all of its issue from a biblical vantage point, I must also do the same with this incredibly sensitive issue.

As Christians, it is vitally important that we walk in alignment with all three People in the Holy Trinity. Whenever I find myself facing a crossroad, the temptation to compromise in unhealthy ways becomes very evident. To combat unhealthy compromise, I often do three things to stay in alignment with all three People in the Holy Trinity. Here's my personal 3-step program:

1) I continuously thank God for His Presence in my life and how He has continuously delivered me from some pretty precarious situations throughout my life.

2) Without Jesus in my life, I would be HOPELESSLY LOST. The question "What would Jesus do?" would always come to mind or God would use someone else to bring that to light.

3) The Holy Spirit is a must in my daily living. The Holy Spirit continuously guides me, directs me, admonishes me in the good, in the bad, and in the ugly times of my life. With the Holy Spirit present in my life, the have been some very critical situations where He has personally delivered me from where I would have otherwise sold me soul to Satan in pursuit of worldly fame and riches.

This is my personal approach to how I confront any kind of unhealthy compromises in my life. When it comes to healthy compromises, there would evidently be a peace that will surpass any understanding that I could possibly have or conjure up. Where would we be without all 3 of these People in our lives?

I want to thank you all for reading this far friends! Please feel free to share you comments below. I promise that I will respond to you as quickly as I possibly can! With that said, and without further delay, I want to bring to all of you No Compromise by Planetshakers. May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-). Here's the lyrics below...ENJOY!!!...:-D

NO COMPROMISE BY PLANETSHAKERS


I've made up my mind
No compromise
I will live for You
Because of the Cross
And what it cost
I will go for You

[Pre-Chorus]
Shout His name out!
(JESUS!)
Shout His name out!
(JESUS!)

[Chorus]
Whoa!
I am not ashamed of You
Whoa!
I'm singin' it loud
Whoa!
I am living for You now
No matter what it costs I'll go

[Bridge]
This praise is rising in my soul
I can't contain it any more
I just have to dance!