Saturday, April 6, 2013

Dance Now!

Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp. (Psalms 149:3)

Honesty time.

I have a public confession to make and this will literally rattle the fabric of my being. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DANCE!!!....:-(.  One would think that being Latino I would be a natural at dancing. Guess what. I'm not. Since I just cleared the air for a moment, now it's time for the REAL REASON why I'm doing this post.

As I was watching the above music video, I saw myself dancing FOR THE LORD on my chair. Huh? I thought you (Micky) told us that you (Micky) didn't know how to dance! While it is true that I may not ever make it as a Salsero (someone who dances Salsa) , Merenguero (someone who dances Merengue) or even do the Texas Two-Step, one thing is for certain, I will dance for the Lord and do it in a manner that pleases Him and glorifies Him.

God's method of dance and praise is dramatically different from that of the world. In the world, it has a whole lot to do with pleasing the flesh and our physical senses such as sight, smell, and so on. In our churches or in any other kind of Christian event that involves dancing, it has a lot more to do with lifting our praises and worshiping God instead of focusing on ourselves.

An awesome man of God named King David danced before God and even played the harp. King David is an example of what it's like to dance in open worship to the Lord while giving Him the praise, the glory, and the honor. As we dance in the presence of God, there is an uplifting of the Spirit where all of our prayers and petitions are continuously being lifted up, but as a result of that, we are also being blessed and in the process of sharing the blessings with others as we are enveloped in the very presence of God.

This kind of dance is the most intimate dance that can be experienced by any human being and it requires being one with God in mind, body, heart, and Spirit. It requires our ability to be sensitive in the Holy Spirit as God will use us to minister to others with an encouraging word and so on. Dancing for the Lord has a more liberating effect as well intimate while God embraces you and dances with you in an act of worship. Wow!...:-)

With that said, am I actually going to learn how to be a fantastic dancer one day? Maybe ballroom dancing will work for me and my future spouse as this is as close as it gets to dancing for the Lord. Ok, nowhere near as close. You get the drift. On a human level, ballroom dancing provides us with a level of intimacy that parallels dancing with the Lord. In ballroom dancing, you can see how much the couples dancing are intimately involved with one another.

In dancing with the Lord, it is no different. It just so happens that Jesus becomes our dance partner. As Christians, it will never get any better than that. Because Jesus is the Lover of our lives, we have every reason to dance and dance before His Presence with reckless, but deliberate abandon. Even though I have never attempted to dance on the dance floor before, I have danced before my Heavenly Father before the altar of praise numerous times before. I will never changed that for the worldly form of dance. To God be the glory!

Thank you for reading this far! Without any further delay, I want to bring to all of you Dance Now by Planetshakers. May God continue to bless you and keep you all in Jesus' mighty name friends! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-). Here's the lyrics below....ENJOY!!!

DANCE NOW BY PLANETSHAKERS

I'm not holding back
I've got to give You praise
With every part of me I'm breakin' out
I've got to let You know
That You're my everything
With every part of me I'll praise you now

And I will dance and sing
You know I'm gonna shout it out
For You my King
'Cause You are all I need now

It's time to get up and dance
'Cause we're free now
It's time to lift up your praise
And shout it out now
It's time to break off the chains
'Cause it's a brand new day
And everything is ok
Let's dance!

Dance now
Everybody shout now
Liftin' up our praise loud
Dancing in this freedom we know