Friday, March 15, 2013

Jesus Is Just Alright!

  Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Jesus. There's no greater person that has walked this Earth like Jesus. Even though the title of this post suggests that Jesus is just alright, anyone who really knows Him will know for sure that Jesus is more than just alright. We cannot possibly label Him because He has done what no other friend, family member, or neighbor has ever done. He has given His life to atone for our sins.

What does that mean to you?

There are so many people who we can look up to and quote because of their accomplishments in everything ranging from leadership to personal development to ecclesiastical matters. From a personal perspective, there is one person aside from Jesus Himself that I have yet to meet in person, but has made a HUGE impact on my life from a spiritual, personal, and professional standpoint and chances are he has also made an impact in your life as well. His name is John C. Maxwell.

There are so many others that I can point out to you, but I chose John C. Maxwell for a very special reason. Aside from the fact that John has written numerous books that have turned out to be bestsellers and has made an amazing IMPACT in the lives of so many servant-leaders throughout the world, as well as EQUIP various organisations, there is still one quality that I really look up to and very much admire to this day. As one of the pastors of Christ Fellowship at Palm Beach Gardens,Florida, he happens to be a Teaching Pastor.

When Jesus challenged us to take the gospel to the four corners of the world, I often think about Pastor John and what God has enabled him to do by traveling throughout the world providing leadership-based programs to so many people. The incredible humility that is on display in spite of the amazing success that he has attained is another thing worth admiring and respecting. In spite of everything "Pastor John" has done on my behalf without ever having met me, everything I say and do is ALL ABOUT JESUS.

My hope and prayer is to one day enroll in the John Maxwell Certification Program. My hope and prayer as well is to one day do a Word of the Day video with John himself. In the same way I have the hope and prayer to meet "Pastor John" one day, my ultimate hope and prayer is that I will meet Jesus face to face and reign in eternity with Him as I sing and shout praises with all of my brothers and sisters for all of eternity. Wow, what a beautiful thought!...:-)

So, is Jesus still alright to you my friend?

With that said and without further delay, I want to bring to all of Jesus Is Just Alright by DC Talk. The lyrics were originally done by The Art Reynolds Singers. May God continue to bless you and keep you my awesome friends! Jesus loves you and so do I!!! Here's the lyrics below...enjoy!!!...:-)

JESUS IS JUST ALRIGHT BY DC TALK (ORIGINALLY BY THE ART REYNOLDS SINGERS)

Do do do dupe dupe
Do do do dupe
Do do do dupe dupem dupe dopem do
Check it for me one time
Ohhhh, yeah yeah

Jesus is still alright with me
Jesus is still alright, oh yeah
Jesus is still alright with me
Jesus is still alright (He's alright!)

Toby Mac, and the Mac is back - no slack
On a DC track that's jacked,
Beyond comprehension
I believe that I failed to mention
That there's a lack of recognition
When it comes to His position
Cause if Christ can't be crossed over,
Then I'll keep my beat up Nova

Jesus is still alright with me
Jesus is still alright, oh yeah
Jesus is still alright with me
Jesus is still alright

I don't care what they may say
I don't care what they may do
I don't care what they may say
Jesus is still alright
Alright with me, yeah

Back in place, and I'm all up in your face
With a rhyme that I embrace,
Like a mother to her child
I'm kickin' it Jesus style
To the ones that think they heard
I did use the "J" word
'Cause I ain't too soft to say it
Even if DJ's don't play it

Do do do do do do do do
Do do do do do do do do
Do do do do do do do do
Jesus is still alright
Oh, I'm hopin' and I'm praying

Jesus is still alright
Jesus is still alright, oh yeah
Jesus is still alright
Jesus is still alright, oh yeah

Jesus is alright, I know He's alright
Jesus is alright, you know He's alright
Jesus is alright, we know He's alright
Jesus is alright, we know He's alright

Now we come to the pay off

I'm down with the one that is known as the Son
Of the G to the O to the D never done
With the flow, in the know, on the go like a pro
Not for show cause I ain't in the biz for the dough
Or the me, or the ray, all the dough's gotta stay,
Cause I can't, no I can't, take it home anyway
Never trite when I write 'cause the Lord is my light
And His Word is my bond so ya know, (know, know, know, know...) He's alright

Jesus is still alright with me
Jesus is still alright, oh yeah
Jesus is still alright with me
Jesus is still alright

I don't care what they may say
I don't care what they may do
I don't care what they may say
Jesus is still alright
Jesus is alright with me, yeah

Do do do do do do do do
Do do do do do do do do
Do do do do do do do do
Jesus is still alright

Think about it...