Monday, March 25, 2013

Devoted!

And whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father by him. (Col.3:17)

Devotion. I looked up devotion in the Merriam-Webster dictionary and I was able to find the following definition. There were three definitions total but there was one that really stuck out for me and clearly defines the message of this post today. Here's the definition for DEVOTION:


a : religious fervor : piety

b : an act of prayer or private worship —usually used in plural
c : a religious exercise or practice other than the regular corporate worship of a congregation 


In light of the three definitions given above about devotion, devotion has a very strong spiritual or religious meaning to not only what we hold dear, but Who we hold dear as well. Devotion can be expressed through so many different means ranging from family to our favorite sports team. But for the sake of this post, I want to focus on our devotion to God Himself.

Many people read what's called a daily devotional. The purpose of the daily devotional especially those read by Christians are to provide us the insight need to approach different areas of our lives from a Christian perspective with the purpose and goal to express our devotion to God and be able to share that devotion with others. Expressing devotion to the people and things around us is one thing, even though they all present different challenges to us. Yet, it is another matter altogether to express our devotion to God.

God's way of doing things often conflicts with our human nature, the unfortunate result is that we have more non-believers than believers. To complicate matters even more, we have believers that are probably at best, lukewarm. The positive twist to all of this is the fact that there are many Christians that are totally on fire for God freely expressing their love and devotion to God by the lifting of our hands, hearts, and praise to our Almighty God.

This one of the reasons why I love to post Christian music videos with the posts I make. As much as I have come to really appreciate non-music video posts because of the "originality" to it, Christian music video posts really bring the human element to life as we sit in front of our computers and mobile devices as we watch everyone singing praises to God. This is also part of the reason why praise and worship videos are so popular as well. It's not only about the Hillsongs, the Citipointes, or the Planetshakers, it's all about God and all those wonderful people that collectively come together bringing a small piece of heaven to Earth. This brings up a question.

Who are you MOST devoted to?

Thanks again for reading this post my friends! With that said, and without further delay, I want to bring to all of you Devoted by Citipointe Live. May God continue to bless you and keep you all in Jesus' mighty name! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-). Here's the lyrics below...enjoy!!!

DEVOTED BY CITIPOINTE LIVE

I'm losing my whole life,
In your purpose
And for your heart's desire.
I'm running with blinded eyes
Faith as my guide.
Let your love take flight

Refrain:

For you, all was put aside
All for you and I
Father, it's You I love

Chorus:

I'm devoted to you
Sacred love, my truth
I'm devoted to you
All in all, I worship you,
I worship you, my Lord

Bridge:
Precious God,
Into your arms
Without blame I come
Your blood has saved us all (2x)

Repeat Refrain and Chorus