Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Captivated!

Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew him not. (1 John 3:1)

Captivated. I can easily find the word captive within it. To be held captive to someone or something has this feeling of entrapment. Does it? For starters, it's important to recognize to whom or what we are held captive to. In a nutshell, to be held captive by God is always a great thing. Right? Whereas, if we are held captive by the enemy of our souls, we would look for any way possible to break free from that kind of captivity.

From those two examples, we can easily see how we can be held captive to someone spiritually. There are numerous other examples of what we are held captive to. It can be our work, it can be our families, it can be any number of things. Life can go from being on solid ground to quicksand after an extended period of time. It's amazing to see how long it will take for us to figure what kind of a mess we are in until it's too late. More often than not, we can start the way we are supposed to or expected to while being in alignment with God. Yet, when we step out of God's sovereign Presence and into the hands of the enemy and the world around us, we don't realize that we have fallen into quicksand until it's too late.

As a result of falling into the quicksand of life, it ends up costing us everything we hold dear and precious to us. In spite of all the potential for bad news to develop in our lives, there is great news my friends. God is on our side and He desires to hold us captivated to His love for us. He cares about you and I so much that He will never let us go no matter what we go through in life. Even when we create our own mess, we will not only be captivated by God, but we will also become the clay in His hands as He is the Master Potter. Be encouraged my friends! God is far from done with us. Don't give up on Him because He will never give up on you. Is that understood? Good!...:-) This brings up a fair and honest question.

Are YOU captivated by God? Are you willing to capture other people for the kingdom of God so that they can be captivated by Him as well?

Okay. So it became two questions...;-). That outta tell you how captivated I am to God and abiding in His presence so that not will I be blessed, but I can continue to be a blessing to others. My dear friends, when we are extremely passionate about God as we faithfully serve Him and the people around us, it becomes easy and effortless to be able to express our captivity to God with so much freedom that we can share the enthusiasm and passion for Him.

I'm sure there's plenty more you can add to this and if so, awesome! I strongly encourage you to share your enthusiasm and passion for being captivated by God and His Faithfulness in your life as well as in the lives of others. With that said, I want to share with all of you Captivated by Citipointe Live. Thanks again for faithfully following Christian Living my friends! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-D. Here's the lyrics below...enjoy!

CAPTIVATED BY CITIPOINTE LIVE

Verse:
Your heart is beyond
Any emotion I can hold
Your love is stronger
Than any hurt I can feel

Pre- Chorus:
I see eternity
Surrounded in magnificence
Overwhelmed with Your holiness

Chorus:
I'm captivated by forever with You
All glory to Your majesty
Lord You are holy
I hold You high above

Bridge:
I'm carried by Your grace
I'll worship You always
You are my Emmanuel