Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Between You And Me!

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (James 5:16)


Hello friends! Now I'm back for another round of music video blogging. My hope and prayer is that you not only like the following video but is ministered through it as well. The lesson behind this video is about confession. After elaborating in great detail about servant leadership, I'm extremely confident in the Lord that communication, more importantly, effective communication is critical in our efforts to become better individuals. So...

What happens when the lines of communication is severed because of a sudden dispute or when communications is blurred because of lies that may or may not be told behind our backs?  

So many things can and will go wrong if we are not able to effectively deal with the conflict between us. For the sake of this post, I want to focus on the word, confession. As Christians, I wholeheartedly believe that confession is the way to go. First, we must go before God in prayer confessing our sins to Him with a heart of repentance. After you have spent quality time with God in prayer and have made you confession known to Him, according to James 5:16, we are now encouraged to confess our faults to one another, and pray for one another.

Confessing to God our faults and asking Him for forgiveness is one thing, but to approach someone that may have fault us is another thing altogether. Pride often plays a role in preventing us from confessing to each other. Once the wall of pride of has come tumbling down and we experience radical growth in humility, confession comes dramatically easier to ourselves and to those around us. As a result, healing begins to take place in our hearts, minds, and spirits. 

My dear friends, prayer is the key to confession and healing.

With that said, and without further delay, I want to bring to all of you Between You and Me by DC Talk. May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name my friends! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-). Here's the lyrics below...enjoy!

BETWEEN YOU AND ME BY DC TALK  

Sorrow is a lonely feeling
Unsettled is a painful place
I've lived with both
For far too long now
Since we've parted ways

I've been wrestling
With my conscience
And I found myself to blame
If there's to be any resolution
I've got to peel my pride away

Just between you and me
I've got something to say
Wanna get it straight
Before the sun goes down

Just between you and me
Confession needs to be made
Recompense is my way to freedom now

Just between you and me
I've got something to say

If confession is the road to healing
Forgiveness is the promised land, oh
I'm reaching out in my conviction
I'm longing to make amends, yeah

So I'm sorry for
The words I've spoken
For I've betrayed a friend
We've got a love
That's worth preserving
And a bond I will defend

Just between you and me
I've got something to say
Wanna get it straight
Before the sun goes down

Just between you and me
Confession needs to be made
Recompense is my way to freedom

Just between you and me
I've got something to say

In my pursuit of God
I thirst for holiness
As I approach the Son
I must consider this

Offenses unresolved
Will keep me from the throne
Before I go to Him
My wrong must be atoned

If there's to be any resolution
I've got to peel this pride away
Ooh, whoa, whoa, whoa

Just between you and me
I've got something to say
Wanna get it straight
Before the sun goes down

Just between you and me
Confession needs to be made
Recompense is my way to freedom

It's my way to freedom
It's my way to freedom
It's my way to freedom
I've got something to say
So let me say it today

It's my way to freedom
It's my way to freedom
I've got something to say
Confession needs to be made

It's my way to freedom
It's my way to freedom
I've got something to say
Confession needs to be made

It's my way to freedom
It's my way to freedom
I've got something to say