Saturday, February 9, 2013

Jesus Is the Vine!

I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine dresser.  Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every branch that bears fruit, he prunes it, that it may bring forth more fruit.  Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me.  I am the vine, you are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing.  If a man abides not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.  If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you. (John 15:1-7)

The above scripture verse says it all my friends! Many of us who have been walking the Christian walk for quite some time time will know without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus is our all in all. Jesus' influence over our lives as Christians is immensely deep. So deep that He breaks out with the parable of Him being the Vine and we are the branches. Quite frankly, there is not a better source to be plugged into than Jesus Himself. 

He is the Living Waters! He's the source of water that never runs dry. As long as we stay connected with Him, we will never thirst. I have noticed something remarkable about the picture above. I just noticed that all the branches that have grown out of the cross are pointing upwards. The cross represents Jesus in the same way that the branches represents us, the Christian. What is especially revealing is that the branches are facing upward. 

Isn't that cool? Because of Jesus (the Vine), we (the branches) can find comfort in the fact that we have been connected to His Father in open worship. The branches lifting off the ground symbolizes how we can be lifted up from the pit of despair.

As we abide in Christ, only God knows for sure how far our boundaries will expand and make a greater impact in the world that we live in, starting with our homes and families. I cannot help but be excited about what God continues to do in, through, and around my life. I often thank God for bringing me all the right people that will be able to bring eternal value into my life and be able to recycle that value back into the lives of others. This is what abiding in Christ is all about my friends! JESUS IS THE VINE AND WE ARE THE BRANCHES!!!        

May God continue to bless you and keep you all in Jesus' mighty name! Jesus loves you and so do I!

Thanks again for reading this far my friends! Don't hesitate to share with everyone you love too! God bless you always!