Sunday, January 6, 2013

You Never Let Go!

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Rom.8:28)

The above verse is one of many verses that CONSTANTLY reminds us that God never lets go of us. He has never let go us because of the fact that He has loved us long before we loved Him. God often reminds us of our parents in that our parents would never let go of us when we are in an unfamiliar environment or around a group of strangers. In the same exact way that our loved ones come to our defense, God is the same exact way.

His constant presence in our lives reminds me of a famous short story titled "Footprints In The Sand".

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.


When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.


He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."


The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

The short story above says it all when it comes to the revelation of God's love for us. Rest assured my friends! HE WILL NEVER LET YOU GO! May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name! Here's the lyrics below...enjoy!

YOU NEVER LET GO BY  MATT REDMAN

 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

(Chorus:)
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

(Chorus)

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You