Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Like A Fire!

                   Who makes his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: (Psalms 104:4)

I must admit! I had to really think about what to say about this verse with TONS of questions about OUR role as ministers "a flaming fire". To a certain degree, we may have figured out the role of angels as "spirits" in our lives. How do we, as ministers, become "a flaming fire" to those around us? I want to highlight  "a flaming fire" for a couple of reasons.

One reason that comes to the forefront of my mind is the process of PURIFICATION. When we think of the purification process, we think of the role of the potter in relationship to the clay. In a nutshell, the potter places the clay in the fire in an effort to mold and shape the clay into a finished product. That is how God works in our lives to purify and remove anything that will hinder us from achieving our fullest potential in Him. Reason two is that the "flaming fire" will reveal the passion we have for God and everyone that we cross paths with. Without a doubt, passion is the fuel behind the "flaming fire". Passion is what kindles the fire of motivation to make an eternal impact in the lives of everyone we come into contact with! 

How passionate are you for the souls around you my friend? Is that fire burning alive and well in your belly?

Without further delay, I want to bring to all of you Like A Fire by Planetshakers. May God continue to bless you and keep you all friends in Jesus' mighty name! Here's the lyrics below...enjoy!!!...:-)

LIKE A FIRE BY PLANETSHAKERS

[Verse 1]
Like a fire shut up in my bones
I want the world to know You are God
With a passion burning deep within
I want the world to know that You live

[Verse 2]
Let Your presence come and saturate
Every part of me make me new
Let Your Spirit come and move within
Fill me once again cause I need more

[Chorus]
Jesus I'm desperate for You
Jesus I'm hungry for You
Jesus I'm longing for You
Lord You are all I want

[Bridge]
Come like a flood and saturate me now
You're all I want
Come like the wind
And sweep throughout this place
You're all we want