Sunday, January 20, 2013

Give It Up!

             Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. (James 4:10) 

In the last post, I told everyone reading this blog to GET UP. This blog post almost asks to do the complete opposite. After encouraging (and maybe challenge) all of you to get up, why would I bother to ask you to GIVE IT UP? Whenever we hear the phrase "give it up", what's often implied is that we simply surrender anything and/or anyone. For the sake of this post, what I'm going to refer to when we "give it up" is to lift up praises to God.

There have been moments when I'm standing in a large audience when I hear the phrase "Give it up to the Lord". At first I didn't quite understand what the phrase meant, but over time I have come to understand that it actually means to lift up praises to God. When we "give it up" to Him, we actually express it outwardly through the lifting of our hands, prayerful meditation, or just simply shouting out the name of Jesus during praise and worship.   The above scripture verse reinforces the fact that in order for us to "give up" ourselves, it requires that we have a VERY STRONG and DEEP spirit of humility. In effect, God will not only lift us up, but take us to places that we would never see ourselves in.

Are you ready to "give it up" to God? Between you and God, what exactly needs to be lifted up in prayer and supplication?

Without any further delay, I want to bring to all of you Give It Up by Planetshakers. May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name my friends! Jesus loves you and so do I!!! Here's the lyrics below...ENJOY!!!...:-)

GIVE IT UP BY PLANETSHAKERS

There is nothing that is better than You
There is no one who can do what You do
So come and fill me
I gotta get more of You
I gotta get more of You

Every move made, let it set us apart
Every word said, let it be from Your heart
Every day Lord, I gotta get more
I gotta get more of You

Jesus, I love You with all that I am

Give it up to the One who saved You
Give it up to the One who gave You life, whoa
Give it up to the One who made You
Give it up to the Lover of Your Soul,
Whoa

There is nothing that is better than You
There is no one who can do what You do
So come and fill me
I gotta get more of You
I gotta get more of You

Jesus, I love You with all that I am

Give it up to the One who saved You
Give it up to the One who gave You life, whoa
Give it up to the One who made You
Give it up to the Lover of Your Soul,
Whoa

Get up on your feet and praise Him
Get up on your feet and praise
Get up on your feet and praise Him
'Cause everything is all for Him

Get up on your feet and praise Him
Get up on your feet and praise
Get up on your feet and praise Him
'Cause everything is all for Him

Give it up to the One who saved You
Give it up to the One who gave You life, whoa
Give it up to the One who made You
Give it up to the Lover of Your Soul,
Whoa