Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Faith, Hope, and Love!

   And now abides faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. (1 Cor. 13:13)

When God first put on my heart to start Christian Living, it took me some time to really think about the subtitle for this blog site. Then came the thought of:

"Living life to the fullest with faith, hope, and love!"

In retrospect, it is no coincidence that I have been able to experience these exact words on so many different fronts. Those words continue to resonate true to me today. My life for now has been far from ideal, but God's hand upon my life continues to reveal itself to me as He has continuously reminded me and encouraged me to live the life He has given me to the fullest with faith, hope, and love. In spite of it all, I have been doing exactly that with the resources, time, and health He has been so faithful to provide.

Slowly, but surely, God has steadfastly been at work in my life in those three areas. My faith in Him has developed at various rates during my 22-plus year walk with Him. Were there times when I had struggled to identify Him as my Heavenly Father? You bet! After I have been brought into this world without ever seeing my earthly father, anyone reading this would stand in agreement that it would be both difficult and challenging to adopt God as our Heavenly Father from one night to the next. From a personal standpoint, it has taken me many years to not only adopt, but to accept, and yes, even celebrate the fact that a loving, caring, and personal God is my Heavenly Father.

As far as hope is concerned, this part of my life has gradually increased over the years as I continue to experience the very best God has to offer in spite of all the good, bad, and ugly things that have happened throughout my life. One thing that I have learned in regards to the role hope has played in my life is that God has empowered me with hope to be able to find upside in the midst of adversity. In my opinion, hope is the engine that allows us to be able to see the "light at the end of the tunnel". It is hope that pushes us to be the best that we can be in spite of the daily struggles of life. With that said, it is the hope that I have in my Heavenly Father that He will make the way out of no way.

My faith in God and the hope I have in Him is what has created the ability for me to love Him  regardless of what is happening or about to happen in my life...good, bad, or ugly. One thing I must make very clear: I LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED ME!!!!...:-).  This is so fascinating! He loved me long before I even started to get to know myself and my surroundings. My dear friends, I strongly encourage you to love Him in the most profound way possible! He is the lover of our souls and our entire lives! He longs to give us the very best that He has to offer! Of the three character traits that we have elaborated on, there's no doubt in my mind, heart, and spirit that love is the greatest of them all! What else is there to say?!...:-)

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate Your faith, hope, and love for God?

Thanks again for reading this far my friends! I trust that God has, is, and will continue to make an impact in those three areas of your life. May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name my friends! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-)