Saturday, December 15, 2012

Whom Shall I Fear!

Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me. (Psalms 23:4,AKJV)

Whom shall I fear? That's the million dollar question for every single one of us. According to the above verse, one of the things that we are discouraged from fearing is evil. This particular portion of scripture is one of the most encouraging and comforting verses in the whole Bible. Encouraging and comforting because God is the One providing the encouragement and comfort especially during these last days in which there is so much uncertainty. Many of us Christians have come to awareness that tomorrow is NEVER promised to anyone, that includes me. This next verse should definitely encourage YOU as God enables you by His awesome grace to be able to live out life as BOLDLY as possible while maintaining the righteousness of Christ!

I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. (Ps. 34:4, AKJV)

The above verse were the words of David, the apple of God's eye, when he pretended to be insane in front of Abimelech. I can assure you that David, like you and I, was fearful of the uncertainty of life and possibly buried under the concern and stress of his situation. I often thank God for ALL the biblical heroes because they have exhibited the human tendencies such as fear, love, joy, courage, and compassion in the face of overwhelming circumstances. The Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, all point to Jesus Christ, the SUPREME EXAMPLE of EVERYTHING HUMAN.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalms 27:1,AKJV)

With the ENTIRE Bible pointing everything to Jesus, the above verse sums it up very well...:-)

NO REASON TO FEAR...JESUS IS HERE!!!

Now that's what I call a word of encouragement! With that said, and without any further delay, I want to bring to ALL of my wonderful friends out there Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) by Chris Tomlin. May God continue to bless you and keep you all! Jesus loves you and so do I!!! Here's the lyrics below...ENJOY AND BE BLESSED!!!...:-D

WHOM SHALL I FEAR (GOD OF ANGEL ARMIES) BY CHRIS TOMLIN

Verse 1:
You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the light
Whom shall I fear

Verse 2:
You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my Sword and Shield
Though trouble lingers still
Whom shall I fear

Chorus:
I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always on my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

Verse 3:
My strength is in Your name
For You alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory

Chorus:
I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always on my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear

Bridge:
And nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in Your hands
I’m holding onto Your promises
You are faithful
You are faithful
You are faithful

Chorus:
I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always on my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

Chorus:
I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always on my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

Outro:
The God of angel armies is always by my side