Monday, December 3, 2012

The Motions!

               Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matt.11:28)

Hello everyone! I have to start out this blog post by sharing with all of you that there are plenty of days throughout our lives where we're kind of going through "the motions". Motions of victory one day, only to experience motions of defeat the next. This particular blog post has a more edgier twist to it because it reveals the tender nature of being a human being. I love the above scripture verse because Jesus encourages us to come to Him whenever we are being overwhelmed with a difficult situation. The stress and burden of life can affect us and every single area of our lives. It is because of this sobering reality that we need to dig deep and get in God's presence seeking not just His hand, but more importantly, His face. As we make it OUR  top priority to get to know God for Who He is, it is then when we will be able to handle the storms of life as He carries us through those tough times. God is indeed FAITHFUL AND TRUE my friends! 

Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. (Psalms 55:22)

Those two scripture verses could not be more clear about God's desire to provide us the peace that is so desperately needed in today's chaotic world. With that said, and without further delay, I want to bring to you The Motions by Matthew West! God bless you and enjoy! Here's the lyrics below!

THE MOTIONS BY MATTHEW WEST

Songwriters: CARRABBA, CHRISTOPHER ANDREW

This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something
Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
What if I had given everything,
Instead of going through the motions?

No regrets, not this time
I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something
Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of this life

Cause I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
What if I had given everything,
Instead of going through the motions?

Take me all the way (take me all the way)
Take me all the way (cause I don't wanna go through the motions)
Take me all the way (I know I'm finally feeling something real)
Take me all the way

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
What if I had given everything,
Instead of going through the motions?

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
What if I had given everything,
Instead of going through the motions?

Take me all the way (take me all the way)
Take me all the way (I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go)
Take me all the way (through the motions)
Take me all the way

I don't wanna go through the motions