Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Lord, I Need You!

                   Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever. (Heb. 13:8, KJ2) 

How many times have YOU heard this verse? I personally have heard this verse countless times throughout the years that I have been going to church and during my walk since accepting Jesus into my life. I for one have given mental ascent to this portion of scripture until a crisis surfaced in my life and has RADICALLY changed the way I see Jesus. Jesus has taught me that it's very possible to be able to live a certain way that is pleasing to God while at the same time honoring Him and giving Him ALL the glory. You're probably thinking, in what way can we live that is pleasing to God while promoting God in the way I described above? Living in a RIGHTEOUS way is the key here! Am I implying that we live in a self-righteous way here? ABSOLUTELY NOT! There's a totally different righteousness that has to prevail, and that is righteousness that is centered in Christ! Here's the verse!

Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he comes and rains righteousness upon you. (Hos. 10:12) 

The above verse makes it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR to us that there is a far higher standard of righteousness that has to be addressed in our lives! Without Jesus in our lives, we will be in a world of trouble and end up living a form of righteousness that is not centered in Christ, but more centered in ourselves. Is that any way you want to live YOUR life? I hope and pray for your sake and everyone else's sake that that is not the case. With that said, and without any further delay, I want to bring to all of you Lord I Need You by Chris Tomlin.

May God continue to bless you and keep you all in Jesus' mighty name friends! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-)

Here's the lyrics below...ENJOY AND BE BLESSED MY AWESOME FRIENDS!!!...:-)

LORD I NEED YOU BY CHRIS TOMLIN 

Verse 1:
Lord I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the one that guides my heart

Chorus:
Lord, I need You, oh I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Verse 2:
Where sin runs deep, Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
Yes where You are Lord I am free
Holiness is Christ in me

Bridge:
So teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay