Thursday, December 13, 2012

I Will Follow!

                                                
    And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him. (Lk. 5:11)

I will be the first to admit! FOLLOWING GOD is one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made in my entire life. Following God requires a strong spirit of humility and a RADICAL desire to trust, understand, love, and fear (respect) Him. The flesh has a natural tendency to go against "following God" because "the flesh" operates and totally depends on its senses (eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, and feet) to feel something or someone tangible. Following God goes against the grain when it comes to being able to trust Him in a tangible way. HOW DO WE FOLLOW AN INVISIBLE GOD?  Here's a verse for you!

                              (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) (2 Corinthians 5:7,AKJV)

FAITH is the ingredient required to walk in obedience with God. Where does God stand in regards to faith? Here's one last verse for you...promise!....:-D

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Heb. 11:6)

There you have it friends! I might as well throw myself into the mix when it comes to knowing that faith is required to be able to follow God. It is also worth pointing out that the faith that is required to FOLLOW GOD is not BLIND FAITH ! God has given each and every single one of us a big book called the BIBLE ! The most amazing book ever written has been provided to us from God Himself through certain individuals that God has chosen specifically to get the word out to know how to follow Him and follow Him FAITHFULLY! I chose to follow Jesus and I trust that YOU, the reader have too!....:-). And if by any chance you haven't, don't despair my awesome friend. I will be praying that God will direct you to someone to begin the process of following God!

With that said, and without any further delay, I want to bring to ALL OF YOU I Will Follow by Chris Tomlin. May God continue to bless you and keep you as you watch and sing along with the video. Never forget friends! Jesus loves you and so do I!!! Here's the lyrics....ENJOY AND BE BLESSED!!!....:-)               

I WILL FOLLOW BY CHRIS TOMLIN

Songwriters: INGRAM, JASON / MORGAN, RUBEN / TOMLIN, CHRIS

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...

All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in you alone

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you

Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone

In you there's life everlasting
In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy
And I will follow