Tuesday, December 25, 2012

How Could It Be!

Now the birth of Jesus Christ happened this way: When his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit.
Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, decided to put her away privately.
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, son of David, fear not to take unto you Mary your wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. (Matt.1:18-25) 

WOW! Now this is what I call a predicament of BIBLICAL proportions! I must admit, given the sensitive nature of finding out that my wife is pregnant by someone else other than myself, I would have privately given her a divorce notice myself. Especially given the fact that I don't know all the details just like what Joseph went through with Mary. Just to point out, when I say "my wife", I'm only speaking hypothetically because I'm not married...YET!...:-).

The birth of Jesus Christ is the MOST MIRACULOUS event that has happened in ALL of human history given the magnitude of the situation. The human factor of the precious couple involved given the fact that the society they live in at the time frowns upon matrimonial infidelity. Just to clear the air, infidelity of ANY KIND is outright wrong because at its very root, it's deceptive. In a nutshell, I simply feel sorry for both Joseph and Mary because of the complicated nature of this MIRACLE. It's a miracle because it involves a Jewish baby who happens to be 100% GOD...100% MAN

With that said, and without further delay, I want to bring to ALL OF YOU Joseph's Song by Michael Card! May God continue to bless you and keep you throughout the rest of this year and the next in Jesus' mighty name my friends! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-). Last, but not least, MERRY CHRISTMAS! JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!!...:-D. Here's the lyrics below...God bless you!

JOSEPH'S SONG BY MICHAEL CARD

Chorus 1
How could it be this baby in my arms
Sleeping now, so peacefully
The Son of God, the angel said
How could it be
Lord I know He's not my own
Not of my flesh, not of my bone
Still Father let this baby be
The son of my love
Chorus 2
Father show me where I fit into this plan of yours
How can a man be father to the Son of God
Lord for all my life I've been a simple carpenter
How can I raise a king, How can I raise a king
He looks so small, His face and hands so fair
And when He cries the sun just seems to disappear
But when He laughs it shines again
How could it be
Chorus 2
Chorus 1