Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Forgiveness!

    "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins." (Col. 1:14)

Forgiveness. That is one of the words that are in very short supply these days. Forgiveness at its very root is both HIGH RISK/HIGH REWARD. It's HIGH RISK because there is always the possibility that our efforts to forgive will be rejected. As a result, it will result in further alienation from the people we love and are supposed to be safe with. It's HIGH REWARD because the opposite effect will take place. Instead of alienation, the spirit of unity will be fostered. The opportunity to experience God as we forgive one another will not only enhance the experience of knowing what love in action is like, but the outcome will bring spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical wholeness.

In my personal life, I have noticed how God would often move on my behalf in all four of the above mentioned areas when I learned how to give and receive forgiveness. As the reality of forgiveness has grabbed ahold of my life and be able to embrace and celebrate it, I slowly, but surely begin to take notice of how God is able to restore the many different areas of my life that have been affected in some way, shape, or form. ALL OF US have a story to tell about how we have been wronged by others and how we have often wrong the people that we love and cherish. Ask God today and everyday to provide YOU with the courage, grace, and wisdom to know how to give and receive forgiveness. God will be MORE THAN HAPPY to answer that prayer on your behalf and on the behalf of others that you know are in desperate need of forgiveness. Here's another scripture verse that will provide further clarification on where God stands in regards to FORGIVENESS.

But there is forgiveness with you, that you may be feared. (Psalms 130:4)

"Feared" in this context is just another way of saying respected.

With that said, and without any further delay, I want to bring to you Forgiveness by Matthew West. May God continue to bless you and keep you friends in Jesus' mighty name! Jesus loves you and so do I!!!...:-) Here's the lyrics....ENJOY!!!

P.S.: The above scripture verses were taken from the AMERICAN KING JAMES VERSION. Feel free to go to www.biblios.com to gain a greater appreciation for the said version.

FORGIVENESS BY MATTHEW WEST

It's the hardest thing to give away
And the last thing on your mind today
It always goes to those that don't deserve

It's the opposite of how you feel
When the pain they caused is just too real
It takes everything you have to say the word...

Forgiveness
Forgiveness

It flies in the face of all your pride
It moves away the mad inside
It's always anger's own worst enemy
Even when the jury and the judge 
Say you gotta right to hold a grudge
It's the whisper in your ear saying 'set it free'

Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Forgiveness, Forgiveness

Show me how to love the unlovable
Show me how to reach the unreachable
Help me now to do the impossible
Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Help me now to do the impossible
Forgiveness

It'll clear the bitterness away
It can even set a prisoner free
There is no end to what its power can do
So let it go and be amazed
By what you see through eyes of grace
The prisoner that it really frees is you

Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Forgiveness, Forgiveness

Show me how to love the unlovable
Show me how to reach the unreachable
Help me now to do the impossible
Forgiveness

I want to finally set it free
So show me how to see what Your mercy sees
Help me now to give what You gave to me
Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Forgiveness