Saturday, December 1, 2012

East to West!

As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. (Psalms 103:12)

I love the above verse for the simple reason that it forces us to have to place our trust and faith in God that He has actually forgiven us and removed our transgressions from us as far as the east is from the west. So many people, including myself has committed a transgression at one time or another. In my short lifetime, I could not possibly begin to tell you how many times I have lied, stolen something, or just outright disrespected someone just because I felt like it. When Jesus came into my life, it didn't take long before I began to feel the spirit of conviction settle in my heart, mind, and soul. I literally felt like that man in the video that was drowning under the weight of sin wondering what was going to happen to me and the people in my life.  It is during those times when we can be very critical of ourselves and everyone around us without giving any thought to the weight and consequences  of not only our thoughts, but our actions as well. Especially when it there are eternal ramifications involved as well.

I am so thankful to our Heavenly Father, that He sent us His Son (Jesus) to be redeemed by His redemptive blood on the cross of Calvary fulfilling the following verse:

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

I can provide you with scores of other verses that will validate God's redemptive plan for humanity. The point that has already been made here is that God loves you so much that He not only wants to send His Son into your life, but also remove ALL of your transgressions if you will let Him to. He loves you so much friends! Quite frankly, I could not be more assured and at peace in God's role and plan in my life and in the lives of those who take the time to not only read this blog, but also continue to carry out God's assignment in your life. With that said, and without any further delay, I want to introduce to you East to West by Casting Crowns! May God continue to bless you and keep you all throughout your day! Jesus loves you and so do I! Here's the lyrics too! ENJOY!!!...:-D

EAST TO WEST BY CASTING CROWNS

Songwriters: HALL, JOHN MARK / HERMS, BERNIE

Here I am, Lord, and I'm drowning in your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me
I yearn for peace and rest
I don't want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind, keeps me awake tonight
I know You've cast my sin as far as the east is from the west
And I stand before You now as though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way

Jesus, can You show me just how far the east is from the west
'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

I start the day, the war begins, endless reminding of my sin
Time and time again Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way

I know You've washed me white, turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me through, to get me through this night
I can't live by what I feel, but by the truth Your word reveals
I'm not holding on to You, but You're holding on to me
You're holding on to me

Jesus, You know just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other
One scarred hand to the other
From one scarred hand to the other