Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Like An Avalanche!

Hello again friends! Coming back to you with a song that I have just finished hearing for the first time. This song describes how God's grace is like an avalanche. The idea of God's grace acting like an avalanche is a foreign concept to me. Just when I thought I knew God, He pulls off another truly amazing "stunt" in the form of His grace coming upon us like an avalanche. Throughout my life in this Christian walk, I have always understood His grace to come gently into our lives. Anyone that knows anything about avalanches will know that an avalanche is one of the most violent acts of nature destroying anything and killing and/or burying anyone that is caught in its path of destruction. So your probably thinking. How is it possible for God's grace to be like an avalanche? The best answer I could come up with is that His grace comes down upon us in such an overwhelming and overpowering manner that we have no other choice but to submit to it power. Does that sound about right? I think so!...:-).  Many of us will experience His grace much in the same way a soft breeze comes and goes around us. Some of us will experience the total opposite! Grace in the form of an avalanche! When Saul of Tarsus (aka Paul), was knocked off his horse with a blinding light that came from Jesus, he experienced God's grace in the form of an avalanche. Now that's what I call a supernatural act of God! If you have yet to experience God's grace in the form of an avalanche, don't be afraid to ask Him friends! He will never give you anything you cannot handle on your own! With that said, and without any further delay, I will to bring to you Like An Avalanche by Hillsong United!  May God continue to bless you and keep you in Jesus' mighty name friends! Jesus loves you and so do I! Here's the lyrics...enjoy!...:-D

Like An Avalanche

VERSE 1
Beautiful God
Laying Your majesty aside
You reached out in love to show me life
Lifted from darkness into light
Oh

VERSE 2
King for a slave
Trading Your righteousness for shame
Despite all my pride and foolish ways
Caught in Your infinite embrace
Oh

CHORUS 1
And I find myself here on my knees again
Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compares to this love love love
Burning in my heart

VERSE 3
Saviour and Friend
Breathing Your life into my heart
Your word is the lamp unto my path
Forever I'm humbled by Your love
Oh

BRIDGE
Take my life
Take all that I am
With all that I am I will love You
Take my heart
Take all that I have
Jesus how I adore You

CHORUS 2
And I find myself here on my knees again
Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compare to this love love love